Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Rastamepas

Database Moderator
[sadht=Hayate no Gotoku (2012)]Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You[/sadht][sadhl=hayate-the-combat-butler-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you]hayate-the-combat-butler-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Felt like watching this luckily it's standalone from the previous two seasons since I still haven't watched the second. The art and animation is a lot different to me, so far I'm not enjoying the art as I did in the first season.

Episode 1

Still decent comedy, Nagi can be an annoying character at times, but still has moments where I enjoy her despite being one of "those" tsundere characters. I'm hoping they bring more of the cast it soon. So it looks like we get to hunt some aliens..

The art and animation is a lot different to me, so far I'm not enjoying the art as I did in the first season.

This is the major issue I have with this season.

Episode 1

So at the end a random girl announces she's Nagi's little sister. Didn't I just see this in another anime...oh right, Nakaimo. I am pretty bored with this device now... The first episode was okay other than that, but it felt like a much weaker opening episode than the first and second seasons.

Huh, for some reason I thought this was supposed to be a complete series reboot, not just a third season.

Anyhoo
yeah, the art and character models are different but I like that they seem a little bit more... grown up, I guess you could say?

I'm also a little sad narrator guy is gone :(

Regardless of anything, I'm glad it's back!

I'm also a little sad narrator guy is gone :(

First new episode in ages and there is no narrator. I wasn't sad, I was just angry. I think the lack of the fun narrator is what made this first episode weak.
I hope it gets better next week.

I'm far from done with the manga, but shouldn't
the Athena arc be next? This feels like a anime-only story...
also, the new art does not fit the series, and the mansion doesn't even look the same. The new art works fine for the characters themselves, but that's about it.

Huh, for some reason I thought this was supposed to be a complete series reboot, not just a third season.

That's what I thought to when I went into this... I might have to stall this since I haven't finished the first season... :crying:

So it's actually a third season, unexpected because I heard to wasn't going to be.

The first episode left no impression on me, hope it gets better than this.

and it's a stand-alone was mentioned above, I'm not sure how I feel about that honestly.

Its not a third season in terms on manga anime progression. As far as i know its an original non manga based stry written by the same author.

Just like the guy above said, this is an original season unrelated to the manga, but it's chronologically placed after the events of the second season.

this was Hayate without the humor.

No thank you. I was really disappointed. the terrible or missing humor is a deal breaker. I'm sorry but occasionally switching to chibi doesn't make it funnier.

No thank you. I was really disappointed. the terrible or missing humor is a deal breaker. I'm sorry but occasionally switching to chibi doesn't make it funnier.
I... I don't quite see how the humor in this differed than the rest of the series, though I guess it's been a while since I saw the original series.

I kind of agree. The humor from the first episode was not nearly on par with the previous season. Top it off with vastly different art and no Wakamoto narrator. It's making me iffy.

It's strange, Nagi looks older while everyone else seems to look a little younger (well, maybe except for Maria). Maybe it's just because she seems taller?

As for ep 2:
Tsumugi's quite annoying. Just her voice alone makes me want to slap puppies.

I do like the fact that it's back to being a pretty fourth wall breaking self-referential dialogue at times.

Now, my question is, did I miss something about those three living on Nagi's estate? Don't quite remember that happening...

As for ep 2:
Now, my question is, did I miss something about those three living on Nagi's estate? Don't quite remember that happening...

I think this is past where the season 2 ended hence the gap in story. Which is kind of silly since this is not even canon, probably... since it's not in the manga.

Episode 2:

Better than episode one, for some who's constantly called shorty she isn't that much shorter than nagi, huh? This episode was actually pretty funny however since I haven't read the manga there is seemingly quite a gap between season 2 and when this is supposed to take place in terms of character-introductions and specific events. It could also be that my memory is failing me however I still think that there is a nasty gap between season 2 and this one...

I swear, this season was written and directed by potheads trying to create the deepest story possible (while still relatively keeping the original style... as much as they could bother anyway). What's with the random prophetic intermissions? O.o btw, anyone else notice that many of the character's skin (mostly Nagi's) seem to change colour at random between White, Tan, and a Reddish-Orange colour (I believe that's called "Salmon" or something...?)?

I'm also willing to bet that
the new little sister is actually an alien that Nagi's Father found. That would certainly explain her timing, her actions, and why she would be even remotely relevant to the plot after all the Area 51 talk (and how they're gonna go to Nevada in a week).

This would also leave an opportunity to remove the anime-only characters from the story completely in order to leave it open for more canon seasons.

The Tsumiki clone is ridiculously strong. And yeah, the gap between this and the second season is annoying. I have no idea who is this "Kayura" (new green-haired girl) and I don't know why the secondary characters are living together...
Well, there is 1 thing to look forward to: Hayate said we will be seeing the "character everyone has been waiting for" and that only means one thing:
HINAGIKU!!!:love:

And her I thought I was the only person who had a Tsumiki and what's her name comparison... I feel awful comparing Tsumiki to her...
And for Episode 2...
A big letdown. Even I can tell the first season was better and I haven't gotten into the teeth of the anime. Still in episode 10... :frustrat:

And her I thought I was the only person who had a Tsumiki and what's her name comparison... I feel awful comparing Tsumiki to her...

I feel awful too but they look like they could be sisters. And even their names are slightly similar: Tsumiki and Tsugumi

I have no idea who is this "Kayura" (new green-haired girl)

If you watched the movie, she was cosplaying various characters, such as Saber from Fate/Stay Night. She was hilarious, and I'm glad she's in this season.

Well, there is 1 thing to look forward to: Hayate said we will be seeing the "character everyone has been waiting for" and that only means one thing:
HINAGIKU!!!:love:

Hina!

Back