Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

BGMaxie

[sadht]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXaL[/sadht][sadhl]yu-gi-oh-zexal[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Been watching this one for a while and im amazed that with almost 50 episodes it has no topic, so.

I hope some people enjoy one of the longest anime original franchises.

Last edited:
Re: YuGiOh! ZeXaL

I would have made a topic but there's little interest in the Yugioh anime these days.

Also, you didn't properly format the first post. Here's how it should look:

Quote for the code and fix.

I would have made a topic but there's little interest in the Yugioh anime these days.

Also, you didn't properly format the first post. Here's how it should look:

Quote for the code and fix.

Done, lol. Well I have to try, some people like it, and sometimes it is a matter of giving it time.

difference between those names is... what?

also, dufuq is with those tags? sadht? sadhl? sadhdc? O.o

It's a matter of someone not understanding the proper way to deal with these. As for the tags, they're specially made for our forum, to my understanding, for anime threads to format it like it is.

I need to pick this series up again. I found it to be pretty good even though the existence of Astral kinda annoys me... I like that the main character isn't an expert who wins every single duel.

I need to pick this series up again. I found it to be pretty good even though the existence of Astral kinda annoys me... I like that the main character isn't an expert who wins every single duel.

My biggest complaint right now is the fact that this current tournament is way too reminiscent of Battle City. Astral doesn't both me at all, really.

My biggest complaint right now is the fact that this current tournament is way too reminiscent of Battle City. Astral doesn't both me at all, really.

Astral is funny to watch sometimes. As for the tournament, there is some difference, Yuma isn't against only one bad fella, he's against two, Dr. Faker and The Tron Family, as well as the fact that they know something on his father. This tournament has more things and more importance for Yuma than it was for Yugi.

I wonder what is III up to. And IV is an ass!!!!

Astral is funny to watch sometimes. As for the tournament, there is some difference, Yuma isn't against only one bad fella, he's against two, Dr. Faker and The Tron Family, as well as the fact that they know something on his father. This tournament has more things and more importance for Yuma than it was for Yugi.

I wonder what is III up to. And IV is an ass!!!!

Zexal involves a boy being given a golden artifact, the Millenium Puzzle Emperor's Key, that unlocks a spirit, Yami Astral, to dwell with him that guides him as he duels. He goes to a school where they teach dueling. He's currently battling in a tournament to collect five locator cards heart pieces to advance to the finals. The tournament itself is a ploy to lure in duelists so they organizers can collect the all powerful God Cards Numbers Cards. Not to mention the Earthbound Gods Numbers possess the ones who hold them and causes them to work for wicked ends.

Yes, this series is really original. :D

Snide comments aside, yes, I'm enjoying it somewhat. But they could be a little more original with their plots. 5D's was absolutely wonderful. Motorcycles or not, it had a great plot.

Zexal involves a boy being given a golden artifact, the Millenium Puzzle Emperor's Key, that unlocks a spirit, Yami Astral, to dwell with him that guides him as he duels. He goes to a school where they teach dueling. He's currently battling in a tournament to collect five locator cards heart pieces to advance to the finals. The tournament itself is a ploy to lure in duelists so they organizers can collect the all powerful God Cards Numbers Cards. Not to mention the Earthbound Gods Numbers possess the ones who hold them and causes them to work for wicked ends.

Yes, this series is really original. :D

Snide comments aside, yes, I'm enjoying it somewhat. But they could be a little more original with their plots. 5D's was absolutely wonderful. Motorcycles or not, it had a great plot.

Well I'm not saying that Zexal as a whole is "original", but I mean to say that this tournament is different from Battle City. And agreed 5D is so far the best one, Z-One was a badass with those Temporal Machine Gods, and Yliaster itself was a very powerful enemy.

Alas I like this one, the Numbers do somehow give some expansion to this.

Well I'm not saying that Zexal as a whole is "original", but I mean to say that this tournament is different from Battle City. And agreed 5D is so far the best one, Z-One was a badass with those Temporal Machine Gods, and Yliaster itself was a very powerful enemy.

Alas I like this one, the Numbers do somehow give some expansion to this.

I don't know. The Numbers feel more akin to Pokemon or Jewel Shards from Inuyasha.

Dunno why pokemon (the serials?) and the jewel shards, hmmmm I think they are way too different things.

Jewel shards more so than Pokemon. The jewel shards were scattered all over Feudal Japan with demons vying for them and one big bad trying to get them all. I feel the Numbers are the same in concept, just in Yugioh form.

ZeXal really isn't that bad. I've seen someone give the series smack for things they did when 5Ds was guilty of the same thing (he was a 5Ds fanboy).
I mean, the only real complaint I have is that Yuma uses nothing but Utopia. Cmon dude, at least use Ravine Dragon (that its name?) or something.
Otherwise, I go along with the flow and I'm pretty pleased each episode.

ZeXal really isn't that bad. I've seen someone give the series smack for things they did when 5Ds was guilty of the same thing (he was a 5Ds fanboy).
I mean, the only real complaint I have is that Yuma uses nothing but Utopia. Cmon dude, at least use Ravine Dragon (that its name?) or something.
Otherwise, I go along with the flow and I'm pretty pleased each episode.

Leviathan Dragon in the Dub. Revise Dragon in the original. Utopia is Aspiring Emperor Hope in the original as well.

But yeah, at this point, he's used 3 different Numbers and a few non-Numbers Exceed monsters.

Also, to be fair, Hope/Utopia is his ace. Much like how The previous protagonists had Dark Magician, Elemental Hero Neos, and Stardust Dragon be a focus in their decks.

And all of them are lvl 8 (or similar to that) and have 2500 atk 2000 def.

And all of them are lvl 8 (or similar to that) and have 2500 atk 2000 def.
:pokerface:

Dark Magician is level 7 and has 2100 def. Elemental Hero Neos is level 7. Stardust Dragon is level 8. Utopia is Rank 4. The only thing that's ever the same between the ace monsters of the main characters is the 2500 atk.

But that wasn't even the point of mentioning them. :cereal:

My point was that all the previous characters had decks built to work on their aces. So complaining that Yuma only uses Hope/Utopia is really a moot point. I mean, in a real game, wouldn't you gun for using your most advantageous cards?

:pokerface:

Dark Magician is level 7 and has 2100 def. Elemental Hero Neos is level 7. Stardust Dragon is level 8. Utopia is Rank 4. The only thing that's ever the same between the ace monsters of the main characters is the 2500 atk.

But that wasn't even the point of mentioning them. :cereal:

My point was that all the previous characters had decks built to work on their aces. So complaining that Yuma only uses Hope/Utopia is really a moot point. I mean, in a real game, wouldn't you gun for using your most advantageous cards?

Well yes AND no. Yugi didn't always use Dark Magician, and yeah they were 7 my bad -,-. He used what he had in hand and made the best of it. Later on they focused on using their aces more so than before.

In Yuma's case it ain't bad, though given he collects numbers it would be good if he could use more of them.

PS: Poor III D:

Well yes AND no. Yugi didn't always use Dark Magician, and yeah they were 7 my bad -,-. He used what he had in hand and made the best of it. Later on they focused on using their aces more so than before.

In Yuma's case it ain't bad, though given he collects numbers it would be good if he could use more of them.

PS: Poor III D:

Yugi's deck would not work in real life. (Though I did calculate that he had exactly 40 cards in his duel against Leon.) But Yugi has the most support in his deck for the Dark Magician. Having the Dark Magician Girl, Dark Magic Curtain, Dark Renewal, and various other support for Dark Magician and Level 6 or Higher Spellcasters shows a focus on the Dark Magician.

Granted, Yugi always had backups for when Dark Magician failed, but so did Yusei, Jaden and Yuma for when their lose their ace.

I stopped playing the video games when it all turned into who can summon the most close to 2000 level four monsters. Then it was a matter of who could have Raigeki, Cyber Jar or Man-Eater Bug. Hope future games have changed that shit.

As yes you're right most of the things seen in the series I believe it too impossible to happen, which is a shame as the game would certainly be better.

Back