Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! - Reviews

krofire's avatar
Jan 30, 2022

Yuru Yuri’s three season run staggers to a close in 2015 after studio TYO Animations took up the reins from Doga Kobo. This slice-of-teen-life/shoujo-ai show also enjoyed an OVA and two TV specials in the same year which came some three years after season two ended. Given that Namori’s long-running manga continued for another 6 years we can only imagine that there is material for another two seasons. Please, no. Just leave it alone. Hopefully this one can be laid to rest now. It must have enjoyed quite the chemistry with its adoring fans but for the rest of us the show lacked any real spark or flair. What it did, it did very well. Yet when you realise it is nothing but a comic exploration of the lives of nine teenage girls (in a world where the male gender appears to not exist) then it is hard to maintain much enthusiasm for it. Not a single girly crush in the story has ever reached fruition into anything meaningful. The characters do nothing significant and there is no story. There is no great coming-of-age saga nor any surprise revelations. Season three didn’t expand the universe already established in seasons one and two. In the end, any truly discerning audience is left with the question: what is the point? Yuru Yuri just filled time in your TV schedule when there was vastly better programming available. It lacked substance and was completely forgettable. Season three didn’t even manage to be as funny as season one or two. It just drags on and on. It is really hard to think of one stand-out moment. It is hard to criticise a show like this as there is nothing specifically wrong with it. It just lacks any degree of sparkle. It was tedious leaving you looking at your watch. Find something better to do with your time.

Gelunox's avatar
Jan 3, 2016

Compared to the first two seasons (which I've both watched 4 times) this season just feels off and really awkward. I'm not exactly sure how and what, but it doesn't feel like the same light, fluffy theme the first two seasons had.

Might be worth watching at least once but definitely not something I would watch a second time. But looking at the average vote at 4.2 apparently everybody loves it.... I'm not really sure how that happened.

And aside from all that, I strongly dislike the OP and ED from this season.

NyanMan's avatar
May 5, 2024

This season of YY was an epic fail. The new director somehow missed that this was supposed to be a comedy show? It's full of mundane s.o.l. moments, yes, but there was hardly any comedy. Extremely frustrating because the first two episodes were actually pretty funnyBut then something happened and it stopped being entertaining altogether after that. Just an endless barrage of dull, humorless conversations with no punchlines, and badly executed gags in between. Something tells me the studio/director did not quite understand the assignment here!

0.5/10 story
bigdickdaddy27's avatar
Dec 21, 2021

u know why 7 idk it just didnt feel the same

Lilynna's avatar
Jan 21, 2016

I will review this season from all 5 point of views (story, animation, sound, characters and overall).

I think season 3 has the best story compared with the 2 previous seasons. It has the funniest plot compared to the last 2 seasons. So, I guess I will make it 9/10. We had an extra wait for this season to be released after all. Maybe this season is based on the best chapter of Namori. But, what make it minus is the story that's being rushed out. I think they want to animate the best chapter as many as they can. But, I personally can feel the rushing and it's really ruined the story (especially for me who's read the manga chapter before it gets animated). Oh, and also we me expect some 'Ohmuro Family' or 'Ohmuro-ke' story to be animated, but it didn't! I'm so sad, but I hope they will animate them for Blue-Ray bonuses or animate them for a new anime! (Oh, what a delusion...)

For the animation, I personally think it's getting better compared from the previous 2. I think they change their style to be more mature-like. What I don't like from this new animation style is maybe the dark filter. I can feel that the first and the second is brighter than this season. am I right? So, I will make it minus -1 and so overall the animation is 9/10.

I noticed that the song for BGM (Background Music) is a bit different from the previous seasons. The sound is more like a BGM for a library near my house (?) or something like that. I personally like the music / BGM from the previous seasons. It didn't really ruin the anime, and the music was still calming to hear, so I will give it 7.5/10. Also, the Opening and the Ending Sounds really good. 1 thing from the ending that I don't like is the chibi gorakubu playing music.

I love how the characters their own unique personalities, it didn't change and I think they will never change. I love how they can make the story funny and interesting from their all unique personalities. Yup, 10/10 for characters!

So, overall I give it 8.8/10. We really need more season like this, and not rushing out hahaha. I sometimes can't understand for those who don't like this season. I think this season is best compared to the other seasons. Yes, it still has many flaws. But, I still think this is the best season of Yuru Yuri. Had I never read the chapter before it got animated, I would enjoy this series more, and I think I will burst into laughter from each episodes. hahaha.

7.5/10 sound