Yuan Long - Reviews

Ontos's avatar
Oct 26, 2020

I decided to watch some because the cover image looked like a stargate. 5 eps in and I honestly don't know wtf is happening. spirits, assassins, a guy who can look into the future? I mean the dude literally just falls out of the sky into a hovering spere of water, some girl says he is her fiance, and then a guy with a sword summons some glowing fire lion thing.

I'm sorry but I just can't even comprehend defending the writers for this one.

I give points for episode one then the mc quick scopes some d-bag with his pistol but that's kinda it. I was hoping for a stargate/gate type show but I don't even know what to call this. I didn't finish it so I can't call it complete crap but yeah.

I also can't stand the way the whole thing looks like a video game cut scene.

Darkmaster006's avatar
Sep 4, 2020

Written after watching up to episode 9. Can be watched in Bilibili's official YT channel. A 2050 (aprox.) Chinese soldier has recurring dreams about another world and, one night, ends up falling from the sky into it. He's got some of the tech from the modern world, but it seems it will be used up in time. The story is interesting and the man is quite cunning so far, but the worthiest opponents haven't yet been revealed. In this world, there exist 'Spirits' that people can absorb and control to fight. The adding of a soldier with guns makes for an interesting combination, as the guns won't always give him the upper hand. I look forward to how this will be tackled in the story. The characters are all fun to watch, the romance is slow-paced but natural and I hope we can see their relationship bloom. There's many 'kingdoms' in this new world and the soldier has to make his way amongst that, being taken in by his 'wife' when he first appears. Watch it if you like action and compelling stories! The animation is 3D but very smooth, the expressions are particularly well-done.

LowlyPeasant's avatar
Sep 4, 2020

The story is normally paced. The main guy is almost OP or on his way to be OP.

Love the concept of including new world tech with the old. It may get boring as there aren't many comical scenes, but the plot makes up for it.

7.5/10 animation