Yowamushi Pedal The Movie - Reviews

caticornio's avatar
May 12, 2020

I just binge-watched the first two seasons of Yowamuchi Pedal and I loved it. This movie is about what happens after as I'm sure you've already read in the synopsis. I liked how every character had their quirkiness. In the second season, Naruko really grew and so did Onoda and Iwaizumi. I'm looking forward to their future. I'm gonna binge watch the next two seasons after watching the other movie.

But, from what I watched previously there was one thing that was missing and this movie had it.

SPOILER AHEAD

What was missing in the first and second season you ask? The team led by Onoda while they all sing the Love Hime song. It was hilarious, even I felt slightly embarrassed for them. But it was awesome because it tied everything together.

I'm also really glad that Onoda gained some confidence and is no longer a closeted Otaku. Well, he wasn't exactly hiding it but he isn't embarrassed about it anymore. He just pulls the team into his Otaku world and talks all he wants about it, and even tho they aren't interested, they just accept him and play along. He's got some good friends.

END OF SPOILER

If you've seen the first two seasons I highly recommend you watch this.

Also, don't take my scoring of this as if it isn't a good movie or show overall (since this review also covers the previous seasons). It's because I've seen many sports anime that I can't score much higher than this. And it's solely based on my opinion. Everyone's taste in anime is different. I might score the next seasons higher depending on how I liked it. The fact that I binged this show, to me, already means it's really good.

For me, anime is the only thing that makes sports fun to watch and when I hear the name of a sport I relate it to an anime.