Yona of the Dawn: Zeno Arc

Alt title: Akatsuki no Yona: Zeno Arc

Add review
EmrynSigma's avatar
Sep 1, 2017

The people that appear the happiest, are often the most broken. This is true for all accounts of the yellow dragon Zeno. The last episode of the first season would have you think him a bit ditzy, and overall happy-go-lucky youngster. The Zeno Arc shows his character more in depth, along with not only his back story but the beginning of Hikryuu and his dragons.

The two episode OVA special for Zeno really conveys a heart-wrenching tale and teaches people that appearances are deceiving. It's hard not to get caught up in your emotions when you finally see what really happened to this little guy, and is still happening currently. Overall, the story was great, along with the very nice animation and voice-overs. The characters were lovable, and Zeno himself may just be ahead of Shin-Ah now as my favorite dragon. Now, I really want to go hug him.

duchessliz's avatar
Sep 25, 2016

The Akatsuki no Yona anime ended just after Yona finished collecting the four dragons, completing them by adding Zeno, the cheerful yellow dragon, into the mix in the last episode. Most, watching the anime are left with the impression of Zeno as this bright sunny like character. But there are a few scenes that show that he does have more depth then just the clueless, happy go lucky, weak yellow dragon that really make you curious about his backround...

I fell in love with the anime so after it ended I immediately devoured each and every chapter of the manga that picked up where this wonderful series left off. And Zeno's history ... it's what made him into my second favorite character of the series (pushing aside Jae-ha in his path and knocking everybodies favorite green dragon into third place[Hak being first of course]). Zeno's past is heartbreaking and sad to read... watching it in animated form, even when I knew what was going to happen and had been prepared, I still bawled like a baby! T^T

If you're wondering if these OVA's are worth watching then the answer is an emphatic YES!!! This arc is covered in the manga (though it comes up in a slightly different way...) and is absolutely necessary for any Akatsuki no Yona fans to watch! Zeno's history is very tragic and sad, but he is such an inspiring character who carries on despite his loss. And ... you also will get a look into what exactly Zeno's power is as the yellow dragon. And, once you find out, you will never ever call him the weak one ever again! (hint: Zeno is a badass! ;D).

^This part made me cry a little...

Helenmarcus94's avatar
Dec 17, 2017

This arc made me empathise and cry for Zeno. Being the last of the dragons to be introduced in the story, there wasn't many info on him. I figured he was just like the others only a little younger. I could of never imagined his backstory.

Beware, spoilers are coming, kinda...

His"cursed life", his love for Kaya, and finally his patience in waiting for the King to come, how he fought the passing time and didn't let it break his spirit. Truly a beautiful arc, totally worth watching.

Bubblebishie's avatar
Sep 3, 2016

After the first season of akatsuki no yona we was left with the appearance of the last dragon warrior  (yellow) named Zeno .

I love zenos character, his so happy go lucky , full of energy.  This arc focuses of the past , a more in depth story of the past dragon warriors. We get a more understanding of zeno himself and 'what his been up to '

Yes I give this arc 10/10 .