www.Working!!

Alt title: WWW.WAGNARIA!!

Add review
RingoStarr1991's avatar
Dec 27, 2016

***This is a spoiler free review***

You do not need to have watched the first 3 seasons of Working in order to watch www.Working

www.Working is a separate experience than Working with a whole new cast but it does borrow many of the comedic and plot driven devices that made the first one so good. This new season tries to cram in what the original series did in three seasons and honestly it might have been for the better.

Story: 8.5/10

The last sentence I put in my opening statement has to do with how this new season deals with the character relationships. In the original Working visible relationships were starting to form within the cast in the first season. These relationships however take three seasons to full get realized. In www.Working however it takes only thirteen episodes to see three couples come to terms with each other. I find that the grand beauty of this new season is that everything moves at a very understandable pace with character building and at-work semantics happening together. This was the case for the first season of the original series but seasons two and three had issues presenting worthy character/relationship building.

This new season absolutely nails pacing and provides so many awesome scenes between characters. Idk what the outlook is for future seasons (seeing how this one ended) but I did wish we got a couple more episodes to see things flesh out a little more.

Animation: 7/10

Honestly nothing to write home about. The animation gets the job done. The artstyle is in-line with what has been present in previous Working seasons which is a good thing. Character models are very pleasing to look at and the background scenes are very well done. It is a pleasant show to look at.

Sound: 9/10

Totally dug each character's VA. They feel so real on screen which means the voice actors nailed it 100%. Also the background music fits in very well. It is recycled a little more than I wanted to but the themes help make the scenes great.

Characters: 10/10

This might come off as a little blasphemous but this cast is much better than the original Working cast. This new cast has just the right balance of weird and super cute/likable characteristics. I'm looking through the character list right now and I seriously cannot find a single one that I even remotely disliked. Higashida and Miyakoshi's chemistry was 100% spot on from episode one, Shiho's transformation was so rewarding to see progress, and Sayuri's and Adachi's growing chemistry was probably the thing I enjoyed most about the show. No matter which group was on screen, it was always amazing. Even the things that didn't play out as much as I wanted (like Saiki's growing understanding of the Japanese Language and his boss/worker relationship with Kondo) was still really fun to watch when it was present.

When a show never lets me lose my smile it did characters 100% right.

Overall: 8.6/10

This is simply a fantastic show. Regardless if you have seen the original Working you should go watch this now. It nails the comedy, the character building, and the work atmosphere antics. Probably my most favorite show of this year now no joke.

Enjoyment: ∞/10

Thanks for reading my review! If you liked my writing style, would like to see some other reviews, or just want to talk, please stop by my page!

Sincerely,
Awesome Drummer

8.5/10 story
8.6/10 overall
JVAnimeReviews's avatar
Feb 5, 2017

Positive

*Just like the original series also WWW.Working!! was a very fun and relaxing series. Its straightforward humor, simple animation and not very complicated characters made that you don't really have to think whilst watching this series. And that's a good thing from time to time, to be able to just sit down, watch an anime and just enjoy it without too much commotion. So in that concept, this new series resembled the old series a lot. It was a constant flow of skits and gags.

For a video review, check out my Youtube channel. Link on my profile page.

Negative

*But this anime wasn’t completely like the old thing. Although it wasn’t bad, it was less interesting than the original series. Like overall WWW.Working!! interested me less than the original Working anime. The comedy was less interesting, the romances that developed were less interesting and what bothered me the most was that the main female character Miyakoshi got way less development than her original counterpart Inami.

Inami went from a completely shy and man-hating girl to a social someone who started to understand what loving means. With Miyakoshi I didn’t have that feeling, she didn’t go through that development and stayed pretty much the same throughout the anime. Also the other characters were less interesting, their stories were less interesting. In the original series I created a bond with the characters whilst here I did not.

*And another thing was that I felt that some of the storylines were rushed and incomplete. For me the best example was Nagata. The anime could have done so much more with her being the love rival for Miyakoshi. But the anime didn’t do anything with her. Another storyline that did some twisted things was the one of Shiho and Yuuta. Here I felt that rushness towards the end of the story where Shiho changed personality really fast. The stories that were told in this anime were too numerous and too complex to be told in a rush. They could have easily been main storylines in their own anime.

Conclusion

So as a conclusion, WWW.Working!! was a good addition to the Working franchise but in my opinion it wasn't as good as the original. The 3 seasons of Working amused me more, the comedy was more my thing and the romance was way stronger and one of the best things of those 3 seasons. So this new season was ok but not amazing so overall I'm going to rate WWW.Working!! at 3 stars. The fans of the series can give this a try but don't expect it to be the same as the original series. And to those that haven't watched this franchise yet, I advice to watch the 3 original seasons, you'll get more bang for your buck.

5.5/10 story
6.5/10 sound
5.5/10 characters
6.1/10 overall
blackflower's avatar
Jul 23, 2019

This anime is very cute and funny .
I recommend it if you want a light hearted anime.
The characters are loveable and the story is somewhat flowing smoothly though I feel it's a bit rushed .
and like the previous seasons I love the drawing style.
though, in general, I have liked the previous seasons much more.

deadwoodday's avatar
Apr 23, 2019

Spoilers!

TL;DR - Overall a cute anime, but had lackluster characters and glorified an abusive relationship

While not as good as the original, it still has a lot of charm and the jokes are funny. The plot is the same as the original, people working at a cafe while overcoming personal challenges such as confessing your love, and confessing your love, and confessing your love. There was more romance in this season than the previous ones to my memory, and one was done in a less than desirable way. This season turned to be less exciting and more of a chore to watch.

The characters fit a lot of the character tropes from the original show, and since characters are what drive this series they will be the main focus of this review.

Kisaki was just a Kyouko recolor, and while that's not a bad thing, the straight-laced realistic character being done basically the same as before seems unoriginal, but this is nearly fixed with her being a single mother, which adds a cute dynamic.

Miyakoshi is the typical cheerful love interest, with balanced interactions with the cast. Punching the manager is funny, but it get's old. She punches due to doing poorly at his job as manager, but that might be related to why he hasn't fired her yet. (JOKE!!!)

Higashida is fine. He's adequately entertaining and I found myself enjoying his screen time. He's a good mix of sad Tumblr teen and a middle aged office worker. His reasons for working are relatable and very sweet.

Now we get to the real stuff.

Animated GIF

The shows dealbreaker, Shiho, but will be "affectionately" renamed Shihoe.

What comes to mind when you think of a healthy relationship? Emotional, mental, and physical abuse? Manipulation? Insulting your lover constantly? If any of these came to mind, congratulations! You need help.

In what dimension is this romantic? When was this ever okay? The writers romanticized that if a girls cute, she can abuse anyone she wants and she'll still be liked, and have zero reprecussions to follow. Not only this, but this show also portrays that rich people can get away with anything! Too realistic, 0/10.

Have you ever made a promise when you were a child you never kept? Mostly because it was either a poor decision or 10+ years ago and really doesn't matter now? Shihoe begs to differ, she holds Yuuta to a promise he made when they were children, that they would marry, but like a reasonable man he knew that was a poor decision and a commitment he didn't understand as a child. But considering Shihoe is still mentally a child, she uses her power, Yuuta's debt, and anything abusive under the sun to get what she wants: Yuuta in a relationship with her.

If this were real life, no one would like her. She would have been fired, but knowing her she would have used her power to get re-hired or even Yuuta fired. And the milisecond Yuuta got a backbone, she becomes acquiesent. She's all bark and bite until someone barks or bites back. And what's even worse, Yuuta takes her back.

Working: Stockholm Syndrom edition! This show was fine until it decided to portray an abusive relationship in a good way, that it's okay to abuse someone who's starving and has nothing, especially if it's for a selfish reason. Anyone will love you if you have money and you're cute, the fandom who ships this is my proof.

This show was gross.