Wise Man’s Grandchild

Wise Man’s Grandchild
Add review
Archert's avatar
Mar 27, 2020

Un Isekai más del monton.

Tengo que destacar a su favor que la animación en algunos momentos es fluida y con trazos bien marcados más la historia de amor que cuenta no queda a medias dandonos ese fanservice que a todos nos gusta y que siempre se queda a medias.

Exceptuando estos dos puntos comentados la serie esta plagada de cliches y el argumeto parece sacado una plantilla para hacer animes Isekais, no digo que sea aburrida pero si es verdad que para la gente que esta acostumbrada a ver anime no van a encontrar nada nuevo que les sacié.

La serie termina bastante abierta sin resolver los conflictos que en ella suceden algo que en mi opinión resta.

Lo dicho, un Isekai más del monton del que no me interesa ver una segunda temporada.

8.2/10 animation
7.3/10 overall
JemXOX's avatar
Mar 14, 2020

I really liked this anime, rather than building up to a extreme level of power, the MC was powerful off the bat and did continue to improve. I'm curently up to episode 10, and the only negative I can pinpoint is the relationship between Shin and sizilien. I understand they do only have tweleve episodes to build a relationship however they went from tip toeing around their feelings to confessing, dating and getting engaged all in one episode. Since there is so few episodes, I think they should have cut any serious romances like that and maybe just kept it flirtatous or subtle, or even a "1 year later" scene to clarify that they did get engaged/married.

Would have liked a bit more focus on action. Art was fantastic.

TheFachi07's avatar
Dec 31, 2019

Really good actually, the sound was great, had some good music, character development was great, more so than others ive seen at least, and the plot was also pretty well thought out, they also did really well creating the different spells and what they look like.

chelschels2022's avatar
Nov 30, 2019

the anime is an okay typical isekai anime genre

im personally a fan of a OP protagonist but the surrounding characters have to be interesting as well buti instead the protagonist ends up with a girl that follows him arround and relies on him for everything, and all of his comrades have mediocre story lines so it just ends up as a baseless anime and a straightword plot.

yeyeBoi27's avatar
Oct 24, 2019

Honestly not a bad anime, but that said it is extremely vanilla with an OP character that can rain blue fire and never loose a fight while accumulating usless side characters in which he trains to be awsome because he is the alpha muchacho. That said nothing really pops out at me except the fact that the spells look really pretty; because they are Mages in a vanilla rpg like world.

Ladyfitzjoice's avatar
Sep 6, 2019

The show is great and overall enjoyable. The touch of romance between characters are also very interesting though I must say it really happened so fast. The action, animation and characters are noteworthy as well. In a way it ended well but not in any kind of resolution since there’s a hint of unfinished story though the last episode might be the best one there is.

claudioenunez's avatar
Jul 10, 2019

This show started off great with the first couple of episodes then I felt the story died down a bit but then eventually got better.Wish they had a better story, but overall it was a good anime waiting to see season 2.

ChrisGP's avatar
Jun 30, 2019

Good but not great.  Overall enjoyable.

Has a touch of romance in it.

The action is ok as well.

It ends well but not in any kind of resolution.

The last episode might be the best one.

ShuuKurei's avatar
Jun 30, 2019

If you asked this show, what it is, it would tell you that it doesn't know

"Am I an Isekai? Only technically. Am I an SoL? For the most part. Am I a battle-shounen? I try to, but I fail miserably. Am I trying to be Konosuba? Yes, but I don't even get close."

I do not mind a show bringing different genres together. Most shows do that, anyway. But the number of genres you can squish into a show without making it a mess is limited.

First of all, this show starts off as an Isekai. Random guy gets run over and gets reborn in another world. And that is pretty much where the Isekai part ends. Throughout the show there are 2, maybe 3 instances, where it is hinted, that the MC originally is from Earth. And even in those few cases, explaining those things with the MC being the overpowered genius he is would have sufficed as an explanation. In other words: there is absolutely no reason for this being an isekai and it makes one wonder if that element was just thrown in there due to the current popularity of Isekai-Anime.

Second, the background story is all but uniteresting. Nobleman who tried to not treat commoners like trash gets his wife and unborn child killed by said commoners after they fell for a plot of other nobles who didn't like him. In turn he swore revenge. However, instead of sholwing us the details about that, we see bits of it here and there and get the background story explained in the last third of the show. What do we get to see instead? Slice of Life with MC ovvassionally oneshotting extremely dangerous demons.

"But there surely are people out there that he will have to fight and will give us interesting battles, no?"

Wrong.

There are exactly 2 fights in this show that had the potential to become interesting. Both of them ended prematurely with the baddies running away. You get it: the story, the whole reason most of the things in this show happen, is barely touched in the show at all. An just when you think "now it's getting interesting" you'll be let down instantly because the more intriguing parts of this show are either rushed or immediately aborted or both.

Thus, story-wise, this is 240 minutes of wasted potential.

The only positively outstanding thing about this show is the antagonist. Didn't snap for a bullshit reason or self gloryfication and even intended to stop being a baddie once he reached his goal. Well, until the last episode that is.

TL;DR: This show doesn't know what it is and this is noticeable throughout every minute of it. All the interesting parts are rushed. The characters don't develop, they and their relations change in the blink of an eye (not that there are many instances of that to begin with). No buildup, no tension, no nothing. You don't even get the chance to get excited.

This could have been an SoL with a serious undertone. The potantial was there. Had it not been as poorly executed as it was. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a second season.

4/10

0.5/10 story
TruexChaos's avatar
Jun 27, 2019

Im a sucker for isekai and op protagonists, yet this anime makes the storyline and main characters so boring and cringy to watch that I have found that the side characters, or the other people in the magic study group, to be more interesting and have more depth. I disliked the plot and characters, but the animation was good, to say the least. I hated Silizen, aka Aqua pt 2.

Gozza's avatar
Jun 27, 2019

I'm not a fan of a really overpowered main protagonist so imagine a whole team of overpowered wizards, fighting low tier demons that they can crush in a blink of an eye. What about a main villain? Well... The main villain doesn't really feel like doing main villain things.

So what's actually going on in this show? A romance between the main protagonist and his blue haired girlfriend, along with about 9 episodes of magic bootcamp to make a bunch of teenagers ridiculously overpowered..

The art style was enjoyable but the story itself was extremely weak. There is a setup for a second season which does feel more promising but this already felt like a throw away adventure.

Bravo723's avatar
Jun 26, 2019

<div>

Interesting anime with knowledge of Earth's physics to help increase magic potential in the world Shin is reborn into & quite nice that the dubs were simulcast. Hopefully as they pored that much into it up front, there will be a 2nd season rather soon.

<div class="ydp736ce67fsignature"> <div> Rather nice not having an ignorant lout as the mc. One that gets to the interacting with the one he desires rather quickly instead of being a dumb ass all the time & no harem for a change.</div> </div>

Really strange though that they simulcast this while the LN's have not yet even been picked up for English translations. Will be nice if it gets picked up soon so I don't have to try to read the fan translations of the WN's as the LN's are always fleshed out so much more once they get a professional editor on them to help the author's develop a better story.</div>

Meliodas1's avatar
Jun 19, 2019

Beginning

This show kinda looked good at the start but after watching the 2nd episode I kinda got bored. It is an isekai genre, that I enjoy watching, but the problem is it's cliche story and uninteresting characters. In the next points, I will go deeper to the problems.

Another boy which reincarnates into the new world and became a mage although at the start it looked somehow decent, because of the magic and practice at the beginning, but when we get a little deeper into the show it becomes flat. The main protagonist becomes the most powerful person in the universe and there isn't anyone, who would at least equaled him a little. One day some demonoids(demonized people) appear and they want to conquer the world. how else is it going be then the main hero is going to destroy them so easily, with his humdrum friends which he pitied and learned them to use a little of his magic power.

The animation is great, still, it could have been better.

Sound isn't bad at all, but it could have been better. I am also gonna mention the intro and outro there even still it's kinda irrelevant and I don't know where to exactly put it. On the first hand, the opening is bad. but on the other hand, I kinda liked the ending. That had also changed my rating on sound and animation

The main protagonist name is Shin a typical isekai hero and there is nothing special about him, then there are his friends from the magic academy who are so so uninteresting. In the group of his friends, there is a girl which almost an exact copy of aqua from "Konosuba" and the main villain look lot alike Kaname Tōsen from "Bleach". There are also some guards and townspeople which are irrelevant. His step-grandpa and step-grandma are considered the greatest magicians but in no literally time he surpassed them.

Overall

The show is bad and uninteresting I recommend to not waste time and to skip this anime to go and find a better one.

SKirito's avatar
Jun 17, 2019

This anime has a good story but the pace and the animation ruined the show.

The manga is by far the better.

shadowofomega's avatar
May 23, 2019

Its still early in the series but after 7 episodes, I really like the show thus far.

Similar to other issekai shows but has its own take on it that I am enjoying. He was not brought over with max level stats like Overlord or Demon Lord, he was not massively leveled instantly like Deathmarch, nor was he granted special powers like Cell Phone or Slime. He was reincarnated as a toddler and what makes him special is how he views the world and magic. He becomes OP partly because of his ingenuity, and partly because of the 3 top tier people in the country (top mage, top enchanter, and top swordsman) training him for all those years. His power feels more earned than in other shows. But here's the part I appreciate the most, his power, although overwhelming, is still attainable to others in the world through the same training. He is not a god amongst men.

Early in the series, he saves two females which felt like, oh here we go, a harem anime (which I am not opposed to), but they sidestepped it abit and he has a budding relationship with one female ws tase them rather than compete for his affection. He does gather a group of men and women to his side as it goes along but they are more of his students than ogglers.

Overall, I enjoy the show so far and I want to see more. The political angle is intriguing to me (in regards to his method of learning magic and the power imbalance it can create), the main story is nothing special but I am still enjoying it because of the characters involved, animation is pretty decent with minimal CGI so far. I recommend.

217044595's avatar
May 18, 2019

It has a generally good feel to it. The magic comes across as something slightly unique, but it has a very superficial plot lacking some serious salt in many areas. A big loophole I found was that he'd only remembered chemistry from the previous world and somehow forgotten his commonsense along the way.

Also the MC is too op and somehow restricted from moving against enemies due to politics. This is also a typical move to tie up MC's from doing real damage. I hope in later seasons the manga is adapted to cater an audience that demands more than fan service.

8.5/10 sound