Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%

Add review
ffcfran's avatar
Oct 14, 2014

Okay I was not a big fan of the animation but it was good otherwise. The music throughout was great, some soothing, some upbeat, but completely addictive. In fact one of the reasons I continued to watch it was the music. I loved the opening and closing music as well. The main character, well she annoyed me and was my least favorite out of everyone. Her harem consisted of my favorite characters. All those personalities brought together and meshed to make amazing music. The story is interesting and progressed fairly steadily. Overall its worth a watch.

Rancel's avatar
Apr 17, 2014

This anime is my 2 favorite anime because the charaters are well drawn and the plot itself is intersting.this anime is about a girl named Nanami ( i think this is how u spell her name) who goes to a music school because she loves playing the piano. she meets 6 handsome guys who she kinda helps out and they help her out. they all fall in love with her and ask her to be there parner but she can onlyn choose one. In the end she chooses all of them and they create a very lovely song. Maji love 1000%. (u can hear it in You Tube).  Sorry my english is not very good

9.5/10 story
CaptainAwesome's avatar
Jan 27, 2012

Overall I wish I could only speak positively of this anime, since it was in fact a bliss to watch. It held very great music, which I'm not presented with too often, the story was agreeable, though much likely that of La Corda D'oro which also includes a clumsy, half-dumb girl who per luck gets accepted to a music academy and gets to study with a bunch of handsome boys, whom she either falls in love with (all of them) or they all fall in love with her.

And somehow she's able, as the absolutely first and only person in the entire world, to understand their terrible lives and fears. I'm not the type for harem-anime, which we must admit this anime strongly is, which is also a clear answer to why it's been made into a dating sim game.

But I digress, what I want to talk about is the main character; as I already stated she's clumsy and not too bright, perfect for this kind of anime actually, but of course she also lacks talent, which leads to her passing the entrance exam to this so-called music academy, by accident or luck.

In my eyes she's a complete and utterly Mary Sue character. To begin with she's unable to read music and notes, she had only been able to play the piano in a somewhat descent way, but her willpower is so great that she's able to learn this hard skill in only one lousy day.

Come now, nobody is able to learn something like that in just a single day, no matter the amount of will, it's generally impossible.

Not to mention the character's design, the other students (of course) looks pretty normal, for what is normal for anime characters mind you, and so does the boys.

Haruka Nanami, as her name is, has the creepiest, most yellow, cat-like eyes you can ever imagine. I don't know what went wrong in the designers' heads when they gave her eye-colour, but it's so psychedelically green/yellow that you won't be able to look at the girl without thinking; "What sort of toxic waste did you grow up next to?"

The design is original of course, but completely unrealistic, still considering we're talking anime, entirely because of her stunning eye-colour I branded Nanami as "ugly" the first time I saw her. It was indeed unbearable.

And the fact that she's able to be so understanding towards the boys and their problems, I must admit, somehow ticks me off. Anime creators has this liking to make flawless heroines I've noticed, and if they actually have flaws (well, I've pretty much already stated them) they're just klutzs and lightheaded. In a sense I'm surprised these girls are actually liked in the series - and Nanami is no difference.

Don't be mistaken though, the best part of this anime other than the copied storyline as well, is the music, no sarcasm added this time.

I think the male voice actors did an incredible job, and I've been watching a load of musical anime in my time, this one I should say beats them all.

The animation is lovely - Nanami's peculiar design excluded - the boys looks handsome indeed, I'm personally having a hard time figuring out which one I like the best.

The dancing however looks absolutely bizarre to anyone watching, before I saw the anime I was able to see the "music video" of the boys dancing and I practically began laughing right away. It consists of several odd jumps and arm movements, which would put any real life pro. dancer to shame. I have no idea who thought that coreography, or whatsoever, up.

There are some great animation effects included though, during the soundtracks, that I was really impressed by; the opening scene is a fine example.

I won't be giving high rates however, entirely because of the story and characters, had it been a bit different I might've reconsidered. But hey, there making a second season, I still have time to change my mind and so do you.

LadyFate's avatar
Jan 9, 2012

I was really suprised by this anime. I was not expecting much from it. I almost didn't watch it. While it was not award winning, I really enjoyed watching it. It was only 12 episodes, so I didn't have time to get bored with it. The characters are fun and charming and the music was fantastic. There was no real romance here, but it still gave off a good reverse harem vibe. The main charater was actually my least favorite, but all the good male characters helped support the anime.

If you are looking for somthing short and fun with good music and handsome men, this is it.

Shiann148's avatar
Jul 3, 2016

This was a really amazing anime!!! I loved everything about it. The songs made me soo happy!!! They are really catchy!!! The anime characters are really cute too!!! The entire anime was soo magical!!! It was totally worth the watch!! The entire season is really cool,magical,and really loveable!! So should totally watch it.