Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle - Reviews

Alt title: Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

DATABASEERROR's avatar
Jul 15, 2016

My anime reviews are always simple, short and straight-forward and is 100% spoilers-free.

Genres: Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem, Romance, School, Supernatural

Additional Info: OP protagonist? You tell us.

Ending Rating: 88%

Short Review:

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut or Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle is a good anime. With a good blending of action in the anime things will surely keep you hype till the end. With a litte romance to spice things up. This anime is worth your electric bill.

9.5/10 animation
9.1/10 overall
Shortylynnchaos's avatar
Aug 17, 2016

Well this anime wasnt one of my fav.... You start off with a male character who is running through an ALL girsl school, falls through the floor, into the bath of our main female. So lets use #2439 trope of anime. Boy falls into girls lap. And he continues to do this trope a million times throughout the anime....
In my opinion the harem part was not needed. Yes it added onto the story for this anime, but it could've been just as good as a male and female school where they were trying to see who could save the kingdom, not who could get Lux to fall in love with them the fastest. Then we have to add even more girls on top of the ones hes already got to deal with.
Unessary Harem....

The story was pretty good. They explained everything except for why they have these giant mechs (how do they fly???) and they can appear when you summon them (how???) and they each have a unique ability to help them in battle (Again HOW????) But they are set in a medivial style universe. This makes no sense and bugs the crap out of me. Where is the rest of the development outside of the mechs??? And they can build more mechs and tweak them to how they need to. HOW???? None of that was explained....

The animation was pretty good, I saw it falter a few times but that was mostly during major fight scenes where the most action was taking place.

The sound was good as normal. And I even recognized a few voice actors I knew.

The characters were... Meh. I was more interested in the last female to join the group as she reminded me of Kurokami from Date A Live, so I automatically liked her.
All of the girls (including her) are just about getting Lux to fall in love with them. We have next to no backstory on more than 3-5 characters and half of that even isnt explained... Which is just irritating...

Overall for the animation and story it was a good anime and I'd watch a second season but not the first again.
One more question. How old are they? Some of them have boobs the size of their heads and best guess I have is that they are 10-15 years old. So I'mma go with "Japan"

JustInCaseD's avatar
Jun 4, 2020

Mixed feelings on this.

Lets get the elephant out of the room right away: The concept is, incredibly stupid. Giant robot Dragon-Mech Knights in medival times is an extremely bizarre choice and it really feels offputting for the first few episodes until you kinda just get used to it. It felt like somebody tried to Copy-Paste Infinite Stratos and decided that making it "medival" would set it apart enough. This never sat well with me and alongside its subpar soundtrack, intro and outro is by far the worst aspects of the anime.

However, what really redeems and overall saves the anime is a really solid plot and sound characters. It was dark, consistent, and had a meaningful villain all throughout it - which is pretty rare for harem animes. Sure it was interrupted by fanservice every now and then, but that was expected: it's harem after all. Character development was also fairly good considering, again, harem anime standards. MC was fairly generic but not terrible - I liked that he had sort of a dual personality between being an innocent puppy and generic bada$$. Animation was also pretty good.

Overall it's okay. Not good, but not particularly bad either. If you can overlook the dumb concept of the show, you can probably enjoy a fairly decent harem that actually has a better plot and story than most others in that category. If you also like other mecha-robot based harems such as Infinite Stratos, you'll definitely enjoy this show for similar reasons.

7.5/10 story
7.5/10 animation
BaconDragon's avatar
Aug 22, 2020

I'll keep this short, if you speak german, watch the dub, its 11/10, otherwise maybe a 4 and if youre like Infinite Stratos and SAO unironically maybe even an 8, adieu mit ö o/

Oh also the backstory is actually really interesting and has potential, MAYBE go look up fanfiction that gives it the respect it deserves.

Archert's avatar
Feb 2, 2020

Venga ya...El protagonista es carne de Yaoi.

El argumento "nunca se ha visto, es fresco y original" (sarcasmo). Quisiera darle algo positivo a la serie, pero no lo tiene, con suerte la animación, pero supongo que si un anime con 30 Waifus no son bien dibujadas ni si quiera se publicaria.

(La nota general baja debido a su entretenimento)

4.5/10 story