Ultimate Otaku Teacher

Alt title: Denpa Kyoushi

Add review
StabbedBit's avatar
May 4, 2015

Although the story look very promising and interesting, the execution of it is done rather poorly if you ask me.

It all feels a bit forced, especially some of the voices. And most of the main characters seem to lack some depth and backstory and tend to repeat themselves whenever they can (it's starting to annoy the crap out of me).

Tikachu's avatar
Jan 25, 2016

when i 1st seen this i wasn't sure if i wanted to see this but now im glad i did watch it the graphics and story line of a childish teacher had my attention, i was glad to see it and im sad cuz they didnt continued it just a little longer and because i of that im sad

all the characters through the anime i grew attached to and i can relate to all of them

xxjacobxx3's avatar
Oct 4, 2015

The story and animation are not that great. I just rate it so highly for the last few episodes.

Basically kagami can build a time machine (if he had the equipment) and go and do what he wants wherever he wants etc., but he ends up understanding that he can create his own future (and it be more interesting and rewarding) by improving the educational system/students (which currently is a memorizing institution. Not one that teaches you to think). This concept is exactly what I thought through grade school and even now. Our educational systems are crappy because of the monetary system that is out dated.

The rest of the anime is drawn out. At this point if you havn't started yet, I recommend watching it and just skipping through the boring parts. If you don't do that, you might end up dropping it and not getting to the good parts.

PaleRose's avatar
Feb 16, 2016

The story of Denpa Kyoushi is interesting to say the least-assuming you already know the basic plot line, the anime takes a mostly episodic format with the main character Junichiro Kagami helping his different students overcome a variety of problems. This sounded to me like it would work pretty well. So did it?

Not quite. See, as mentioned earlier, Denpa Kyoushi uses a mostly episodic format that quickly becomes repetitive and bland. Basically, he meets a student. Student needs help with something. Junichiro snaps his fingers and uses "quirky tricks" to solve the problem. Said student is pushed to the side and pretty much forgotten about. Repeat for the duration of a two-cour show. See how this might turn out?

I never felt like the previous events of the story moved the characters forward. Most of the students didn't really even show up again. Some of them did become reoccurring characters that were in Junichiro's class but they didn't seem add anything to the plot. Junichiro himself basically remained the same over the duration of the series. He actually started to get annoying with all the YD crap he kept spouting. The only character I liked was Sachiko but even she was barely prominent in the whole series.

Moving on to the art. A-1 Pictures is known for producing some amazing anime in this department (think Your Lie in April, SAO.) This is not one of those anime.
The colors, while bright, seem lifeless after a while and clash. The faces especially seem to suffer with mouths and noses just not really working for me. The animation was full of stills, reused frames, and some stiff movements. The character designs were a bit nicer though-in particular Junichiro, Sachiko and Madoka's were interesting.

The openings and endings didn't really fit the anime at all-the first one kept changing the tone and wasn't real pleasant to listen to. The second opening sounded much better, but didn't fit the anime. Neither did the endings. The soundtrack wasn't really noticeable.

Speaking of sound, the voice acting was pretty satisfactory except Suzune's. Her voice wasn't necessarily bad but it didn't fit her character AT ALL. A lot of her voice inflections really sounded out of place too.

So did I enjoy this anime? Kind of. I started getting bored by the formulaic plot and the art wasn't exactly eye candy. Suzune's voice really started grating my ears after a while. But it certainly wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, and I did laugh at some parts-like "Irregular Twintails." I haven't read the manga but from what I've heard, it's much better than the anime so I might have to go check it out.

Overall, Denpa Kyoushi gets a 5.5/10 from me for an interesting but repetitive plot, some likeable characters, bad art and animation, unfitting soundtrack and mostly good voice acting.

Thank you for reading!

Blackysensei's avatar
Sep 9, 2018

Denpa kyoushi is the kind of anime that gets worse with every episode, the plot begins very promising, u got this otaku genius who is forced by his sister to be a teacher after being a neet , and with the first ep u see his unique ways of dealing with the students problems you'll become attached and got your hopes up, it even reminded me of Great teacher Onizuka, but then with each episode you come to be bothered by numerous of things see first of all the animation is really bad, i think it's one of the few bad animation i've seen for A-1, and the sound doesn't really match the character's mouth movement, sometimes the mouth isn't even moving, but yet with a decent plot this sometimes can be tolerated but what adds to this is that the plot doesn't seem to proceed, the characters he saves don't really have that much scenes anymore and what's more the ideas this work is projecting are wrong, being it :

1. Nullifying rules and encouraging behaviors that aren't appropriate for the age range that this anime targets
  2. Ignoring what's right and wrong in the society, which was apperant in koutaro's issue, rather than handing his cross-drossing issue the anime handled it as the right thing and accepting it is the wrong

I myself thought of dropping it around ep 11 bcs i saw that the plot wasn't proceeding and the MC wasn't devoloping in the slightest , which is something i expect in a 24 eps anime, but i decided to continue anyway to see what'll turn up and if anything will be changed in the other half of the story but almost nothing can be mentioned, i think the only character development for the protagonist was in the last ep when he decided to leave the making of ```any where door``` and go back to being a teacher