Tsuredure Children - Reviews

Burningyolo's avatar
Sep 24, 2017

MY 1ST REVIEW :D

MIGHT BE SOME SPOILERS

ACTUAL REVIEW STARTS FROM 2nd PARAGRAPH . READ THE 1st PARAGRAPH IF YOU LIKE :)

SOME LAME WORDS :)

Tired of watching those 10 hours long romance anime where romance never happens . Tired of all that ,senpai we made a promise when we were kids and our senpai has some amnesia and he never remembers . Tired of someone coming right into the room when our couple is just about to kiss in the last freaking episode after whole day of waiting . Tired of those rushed,lame and filler endings . well fear not because this anime is here .

ACTUAL REVIEW

So the story is about 4 or 5 different couples and the romantic interactions between them . Every episode has like 3 to 4 differet parts going through each couple randomly. Every couple is unique and share different kind of story . All the couples are in same school but thier stories dont collide with each other , so basically it straight up girlxboy romance anime no love triangle not that much of drama either . Anyways this anime is unique and adorable . Every character is good and I personally liked all the couples . Animation is good , simple just the way for a light hearted anime . Opening is good .

Overall this anime is worth watching . If you are sucker for romance just like me :) and watch everything as long as it has romance in it , trust me you will love it . the only bad thing about this is its way too short , its not that the ending is lame or anything its just that you want to see more of those lovey dovey couples :D . Each episode is like 13 min long with total of 12 episodes so ya if you love short anime definately watch this it wont disappoint you .

I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that.  (copypasted lul :P)

HAVE AN AWESOME LIFE :)

BYEBYE :D

interregnum's avatar
Oct 2, 2017

Tsurezure Children is a brilliant, heartfelt high school romance dramedy that’s been run through a dicer and given to us in sweet little snack-sized morsels. And, like all snack-sized morsels, one just isn’t enough. And also you need a scorecard to keep up.

Hm? Oh, right—that last bit isn’t at all like snack-sized morsels. But it is very Tsurezure Children.

For a short anime built on a series of two-minute “meet cute” moments (and, usually, the weeks that follow), the cast is stupidly big. Which, at first, is a downer, because it seems like the show will be nothing but a series of new couples doing slight variations on that “meet cute” theme. But then you notice that, eventually, couples you’ve already met come back and make some kind of progress—you think. You’re not sure. Because there are 900 characters, in the first three episodes, and only a few of them have distinct enough features (physical or otherwise) to make them look memorable.

But it’s these few memorable characters (who you will give nicknames because you can’t remember 900 different names) who, ultimately, do appear with fair regularity—seemingly because the show (mostly) knows who you’re going to love watching week to week—and who, in so doing, excitedly keep you coming back. (…and wishing the show was a little more traditional in its structure. Because, later in the series, the individual vignettes become steadily more intertwined, and it is fantastic.) Whether it’s Oblivious-chan & Friendzone or Straight-Arrow & Delinquent or Class Reps: Green + Red! (I told you you wouldn’t remember their names), each pair is distinct and fleshed out and believable—and, of course, intensely adorable in their own special ways.

The surprise, of course, is the depth to the show, which, because each episode is so short (and then further subdivided within), sneaks up on you as the stories progress—and, in some cases, progress to a climactic, emotional, decent stopping point. For others…well, I have to imagine there’s a second season on the horizon.

And by “imagine” I mean “hope desperately,” because one, frankly, just isn’t enough.

9.5/10 characters
8.3/10 overall
Eiraza's avatar
Sep 21, 2017

I absolutley love this series and am leaving a review because I only saw one other and I was so disappointed that more people haven't left this series more lovely reviews. Let me just begin by saying this anime was so refreshing! The couples were actually straight forward for the most part and we actually get to see different view points of different people who fall in love with each other and we get to watch them actually confess and do something about it and that makes me so happy I can't even explain it. Honestly my favorite are probably Goda and Kamine because I just love the strong silent shy type guys and shy and gentle girls that aren't annoying but I also loved the other couples as well! I honestly cried when I thought Goda was rejecting Kamine because I was so invested in them already and it was only like episode 4!

The art was adorable, the eyes are a bit exaggerated at times but whatever! The story was just great but there were some stories I kinda skipped through because I just wanted to watch the real couples that mattered man! Sound was good and the characters were just lovely and I definitely suggest this if you're tired of watching 100 plus episodes while just waiting for a couple to get together and nothing happens and its just stupid tension! These are short 13 minute episodes and there's only 12 of them so its an easy and enjoyable watch!

haize78's avatar
Oct 3, 2017

first episode: 4 couples. 4 times 2 equals 8 characters, 4 love confessions in 12 minutes...

second episode: 2 new characters (sister of class rep and self-proclaimed boring guy recruited into the astronomy club), 2 more couples, 6 characters, 2 confessions

third episode: 6 new characters + 2 old ones.

fourth episode: 6 caracters but, for the first time, no new ones. And, for the first time, I actually enjoyed it.

fifth episode: made me chuckle a couple of times, but I'm already having trouble remembering if some of the characters are new or not...

sixth episode: meh! i'm baffled.

seventh episode: i don't know if its getting better or worse...the initial sketch made me laugh. After that it was: meh...again.

...

At the end of the twelth episode, I have mixed feelings... The first episodes, as mentioned above, resulted quite boring and sappy to me. But the anime progressively got better, so much so that the last 3 or so episodes were definetely charming and I was sorry it finished...

What this anime is trying to do is to give a brief depiction of the different facets of teenage love. In twelve-minute episodes, each of which deals with at least 4 different couples. So a few strokes for each character and then it swiftly moves on to the next couple. In a light-hearted and comedic way. Considering this, some of the characters are really well-portrayed. Others less so, in fact even before the half-way mark I couldn't place some of them at all, unsure if they were newly introduced ones or not. There are at least 10 couples, so 20 + characters. Some more recurring than others. The tsundere, the delinquent, the stoic girl, the class reps, the student council president, the kohai, the senpai, the flashy poser guy, the clumsy ugly guy, the shy quiet girl, the hopelessly oblivious guy...etc etc etc As for the plot, we get to witness most of the confessions, clumsy, endearing, funny, romantic, heart-warming... or just this-hurts-to-watch corny. Some of the couples get together and we can see how their story starts developing, others don't. Others stay stuck and don't progress at all. Others still we don't know because they do not make further appearances.

The thing I most appreciated is, I guess, the humour. How the funny comedic moments don't feel forced at all. Another thing I liked about the last episodes is that you start to see on the one hand how some of the stories develop, and on the other hand how the characters are inter-related. Most of the more recurring characters, in fact, are students of two classes in the same school, so at the end we start to get more of a background tapestry in which the characters are starting to fit all together. But that is just hinted at the end.

5.5/10 overall
iamnotneechan's avatar
Jun 4, 2020

I'M SORRY!! But I cannot be the only one who genuinely did not like this anime. I am usually a sucker for romance anime no matter how cliche and tacky. No matter the predictable plots and overused tropes. But jesus was this a compilation of the worst things in romance anime. Constant misunderstanding no matter how obvious, obvious comunication problems and that's only naming a few. I do love myself some short and sweet animes to season your day. But man so many of these plot lines were so useless. I couldn't even tell you the name of one character. And the other plot lines (couples) moved to slow to function and care. Like you'd spend so long watching other couples progress and than you come back to a couple you haven't seen in a while and they haven't progressed in the slightest and to make it worse the little screen time they get is just repeating the issue with no progress gained. All for what? A rushed ending that isn't satisfactory at all. Don't get me wrong I liked maybe 1 or 2 couples but jesus not enough to put myself through this again.

I know I know what were you expecting from such a short romance anime with so many couples and characters to cover. You shouldn't approach this anime expecting depth and relief. You should watch it when you have time to waste and even than that's still a stretch.

(I sound super mean and I have nothing against the anime or the fans. Just thought it wasn't that good.)