Trinity Seven - Reviews

Alt title: Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Masho Tsukai

Morisoto's avatar
Dec 15, 2014

Trintity Seven- Well I was not sure that I was going to get into this anime. The first episode was a little hard to follw at first. Two of the main characters Arata Kasuga and Hijiri Kasuga  are living together becuase of being childhood friends and cousings (though kissing cousins is implied in the story) Then a major Collapse Phenomenon  happens and Hijiri  gets taken by it. This leds Arata to go to one of the country's magic school to find a way to get his cousin back.

Upon enrolling at the Royal Biblia Academy  he finds out he is a Daemon Lord Candidate and is given the Grimiore Sora who helps Arata become a magnus  ( magnus is a old world term for a magician) He is given a tour of the school by one of his teachers who also happens to be one the Trinity Seven  these girls are uses of the  Seven Archives. The girls that make up the Trinity Seven are

Lilith Asami. She is the Trinity Seven of  the Luxuria Archive. Her magic is Outer Alchemy which materializes in the form of three guns. One is a short barrelled pistol, The second is a Anti Material Rifle and a few times as a Bazzoka. She is also the first magican to aperar befor Arata during the Collapse Phenomenon in Arata's world were she was sent to investigate it. She also denies most frequently that she does not like Arata when it is clear that she has some sort of thing for him. She is also one of his closest Allies. Her Thema is Abies.

Arin Kannazuki. She is the Trinity Seven of the Ira Archive. Her magic is the one of Chaotic Rune Magic. She is very close in looks to Arata's childhood friend and cousin Hijiri. She is a very stoic personality and has no reservation or shame of doing what she wants. She has been seen many times naked or implied by Arata. She is also the demon kings partner. She is a ally and claims to be Arata's Wife. Her Thema is Ruina (which allows her to put up barriers and creats destuction.

Levi Kazama. she is the Trinity Seven of the Invidia is a student of the Roual Biblia Academy. She is a user of Shamanic Spells and is considred one of the worlds top five fighters. She is also a Ninja and is the only memeber of the Seven that has not been seen naked by Arata. She is also a Ally of Arata. her Thema is Exspecto (Expectation).

Mira Yamana.  She is the head of Grimoire Security and member of the Trinity Seven of the Superia Archive. Her orb is her grimoie. She at first had a hatered of Arata which changes to a mutal respect later in the seires. Her Thema is Lustitia (Justice)

Mira Yamana.  She is the partner of Mira in Grimoire Security and a member of the Trinity Seven of Gula Archive. She is a spriggian that is from a town that was under the Sky Library that was distroyed by the Daemon King from another world Abyss Trinity. Her Mother had enough power to save a single person and chose her. Her Thema is Fides(faith)

Yui Kurata. She is a special girl that lives in a dungeon under the school. She is a member of the Trintiy Seven of the Avaritia Archive. She is a Cardinal Class mage and only second to the schools headmaster. Yuri is able to reurn to normal life because Arata saves her from a Collapse that was happening at the school. She has a crush on Arata and often kisses him on the cheek in front of others which is a no no in japanese society. She often tells Arata  that he can have her any time. Her Thema is Amicitia (FriendShip)

Lieselotte Sherlock. She is the twin of Selina who vanished in a school library six months before she attended the school. She is the Trinity Sevens of Acedia Archive she is shy and takes pictures alot. Her Thema is Stagna

There are two main grimories

Sora who Arata holds. she was called this by Hijiri before she is given to Arata. Sheis also know as the Astil Manuscript.

Llia she is the other grimoire that Arata holds due to her trying to trick Arata. But to escape she needed to submit her self to him and becomes his second Grimoire at the end.

I am hoping for more great things from the Anime. There are some weak points with in the overal story. But as a whole its not bad. Its also kind of a dark sided harem anime. If you like Harem anime then you should like this one as well. There are all of the hijinks that are usually associated with this kind of anime. I overall opinion of this is 8.5 to 9 out of possible ten. It is well done as far as the art is concered and the voice acting is not bad. I can not wait to finish out the anime.

7.5/10 story
8.3/10 sound
9.1/10 characters
tollie01's avatar
Jun 3, 2017

Right, it's confession time for me. If you have been reading my reviews than you may have noticed that I tend to rip the anime a new one. There is a reason for this though and it has to do with the fact that I can't turn my brain off when watching anime. I can't ignore the stupid shown in the anime and this is a problem as most anime are very stupid indeed.

In this case I'm not talking about a 90 pound girl catching a multi-ton cruise missile and throwing it back. Yes, it is stupid but it is a stupid that I'll allow. It's anime. Things like this are normal here and I'm pretty much fine with it. It annoys me to be sure but I will not rant about it.

So, having explained this lets rip into this anime shall we? Just a heads up: There will most probably be spoilers. The more I hate an anime the more spoilers there will be.

ART: No complaints from me, the anime looks pretty amazing. Of course with todays' techniques this is very hard to screw up.

SOUND: Again no complaints from me. I can no longer remember any of the music used but this is how I prefer it. Voice acting were decent even if they get to do the same thing over and over.

CHARACTERS: Main character is the Arata. He wants to find his niece and to do that he must become a powerful mage. He is also a big pervert who likes to see girls naked.

STORY:  Arata's life gets turned upside down when a black sun appears in the sky that swallows up everyone in town, including his niece Hijiri. Before he can comprehend what happened he is accosted by Lilith, a powerful mage, who was send to investigate the event. Upon learning from her what happened he decides to enroll into the Royal Biblia Academy ro becomes a powerful mage and save his niece. Once there it is revealed that he is a Demon Lord candidate and once his training is completed he will be extremely powerful. To do this he needs the help of the seven most powerful students in school: the Trinity Seven.

RANT: This anime was better then I expected. Maybe it is because I went in with zero expectations but to be fair there are some good things here.

I actually liked the main character, Arata, and this surprised me. Yes, he is a pervert but this was done very well. It was part of his character but didn't dominate it. He also didn't seek out situations with the girls but these just happened along the way.

What also helped a lot was that the fan service was not over used. It was there but not every 5 seconds as is the norm these days.

There was also an actual story. Again not a given with anime like this these days. Some anime feel that over 90% of tits and ass is the ground rule for making a good story. It is not.

Not all things are good though. I loved the fact that they glossed over the fact that Arata is a mass murderer. It is explained early on that the Breakdown Phenomenon that he can unleash kills ordinairy humans. During the show he has several of such episodes. So to summerise he basically kills everyone in his city and a number of students at the academy. At no time will any attention be given to this fact.

Then there is Iscariot; the organisation that exsists to destroy Arata before he ends the world. Yeah, there is this story about Arata about how he keeps destroying and rebuilding the world again and again. Their mission is to prevent this from happening and break the cycle.

This is fine and adds some drama. I just had some problems with this. The leader is Master Liber, head of the Liber Academy. Now this school was destroyed by Iscariot and....Wait, what?!

Uhm, yeah. The people trying to save the world basically destroyed an entire magic school and killed everyone inside. In fact the head of the school destroyed her own school and at no point is it explained why.

Arata wasn't planning on going there and didn't even know the school even existed untill it was destroyed. If it was a ploy to get him there then then I wonder why because at the time he was an ordinary student and wouldn't have been part of the group that would be send.

The action was also laughable. I loved the fight against Selina, an evil mage. She can take power from people by physical contact so it is very important to not let her close enough to..... Oh, he let her get close. Oh, well. As long as he watches out that for letting her touch him he should still be fi....Oh, he let her touch him and now he lost his powers to her *head desk*

Kajisakana's avatar
Apr 26, 2018

Demon King Daimao rip off, often scene for scene.

KingMark23's avatar
Apr 7, 2020

This anime is alright. I like how the main character isn't dense, it's a good change from all the other harem anime main characters. it's entertaining enough. however, the story feels very rushed and the ending should have been a lot better. Also, the MC isn't as OP as you first think he is going to be, he can do things others can't, however, the secondary characters seemed to be the real winners of the anime.

WolfAngelus's avatar
Feb 17, 2018

The comedy is mostly perverted in nature, so if that's not your thing, you probably don't need to bother watching. The story seems unfinished, and left very open ended, possibly in case they decide on wanting to do another season. There are also a few twists that make it harder to predict what's coming. The story isn't deep or something super new, but the comedy and girls make up for it, and feel like the important components. The magical action is also interesting, with most characters having a very distinctive magic type, some in physical forms, some in the traditional form, and some in a very  different form altogether.

Without spoiling the reason, there are a lot of ecchi scenes due to a specific circumstance you may recognize from other Anime. Considering the cast is basically all female and one male main, you know where it's going. With the character cast being diverse, it keeps things interesting. You get different reactions to the situation with each character, some standard, some serious, and some super funny. It's the varying personalities that make the comedy, and it's easy to pick out a favorite or two depending on your preference. You don't get much into the characters, given the cast is around 9-10 roughly, but you get a little info on a few.

Something else that stood out for me was the music. The background music is very chill sounding, kind of like a trance/bass composition. I found it to really keep the Anime relaxing, which made it better for enjoying the comedy portion, and keep the ecchi feel more casual. Things looked good and decently colorful, although it doesn't quite feel as up to par on looks as it should be for a 2014 Anime.

Overall, I enjoyed it. There definitely was a lot of open things left to cover though, and it feels unfinished in that sense as the ending clearly left things very open for more. The comedy was good, but relies heavily on perverted stuff, so you must be into that to enjoy it properly. There was quite a bit of ecchi, although the scenes never really lasted long. The background music is noteworthy and has a trace like vibe, which made things rather relaxing. I don't think the action was quite as focused on as I would have like, but learning about the characters' different abilities was interesting too.

9.5/10 sound