Triage X - Reviews

Daarin's avatar
Jun 30, 2015

This anime is about a group of people, where all of them "died" which propably means they were really close to death but got revived, that is working as a team of asassins. They are after the big shots of organized crime, those people that get away with everything, because they have influantial friends or other stuff like that. Their organization, Black Label, kills those people, telling them they are like a tumor to society.

After this is made clear, Black Label has to oppose a group, which is later called Syringe, which tries to get a new drug into Japan, which seems to make the user more aggressiv amon other things. You never learn what happened to that drug or to Syringe, since the series just stops in between this storyline.

I didn't even fully understand the difference between D99 and Platinum Lily, if there is any. Those are both names of drugs, but I think D99 could be the antidote to Platinum Lily.

The Plot as is is totally unstructured, or I just don't understand it as it was meant. Sometimes we see the main character, Arashi MIKAMI, with his friend from school, but only three times I think. Otherwise she is totally irrelevant to the plot. Then we have another thing where two idols are going with Oriha NASHIDA, who is an idol herself, to rescue other idols. That is the only time those two side-characters are around. We always get the teaser for some interesting character-development, but then again it is destroyed or left behind.

There were many good built fighting scenes, though, but I think they took much too much time from a ten episode long series for that fighting stuff to really get things done on the other parts. There are so many loose ends in there because they tried to tell me several plots, while the time besides the fighting wasn't even enough for one plot.

My favorite part of this series. And no, my high rating for animation is not because there are many busty women around and you get really many panty-shots and nude women (at least I assume, since I was watching the censored version). No, I think there were many good fighting scenes in there. They were thought through, they were drawn good, you didn't see too much obvious rendering, it was just well done in that aspect. Sadly I for myself think a decent animation isn't nearly enough to get over a lousy story.

The sound was okay. I don't remember anything spectacularly good or bad. The few songs that were strewn in were okay, too, but there was not enough music in it for my taste.

Now the hard part. The characters were awful! I can't remember any character development. Anything important seems to have happened before the series started and in fact I didn't care enough about any character to being eager to know why he or she ended there. Not only was there no development of the characters at all, I had the feeling it was intentional. Every time when there happened something, that could have given any development, it stopped to be important when it was done, save for the kissing between two of the characters almost at the end of the series. There were so many chances to evolve the characters, which were written in by the same people that rejected them afterwards. It was a feeling of "let me have my cake and eat it, too". They wanted to hint development of the characters and then they didn't get it through.

Save for Sayo Hitsugi that is, she had at least a little development at the end of the series, she got rid of her mask. But even there was so much potential in there, you propably could have filled those ten episodes alone with her backstory.

Which brings the most annoying part of this whole thing. It felt too big. If you look on the character page, at the moment it has eleven main or secondary characters, and every one of them, plus at least three of the side characters seem to have their own backstory that has to be told. But there is no place in this series. I assume, without looking it up, that there is a manga or a novel somewhere, where this originated from. Then I would understand what happened there, not that that would make it any better.

Overal

The storytellers just wanted to tell too much of a story in too few episodes, propably using not enough money to do so, too. That lead to a story I don't really get, that is open in every way possible, I don't think there is even one closed storyline here. I had to fight to get through, too, asking myself what this whole thing was about at all. It wasn't entertaining, closer to frustrating. For me, really bad show!

OtakuVoice's avatar
Jun 13, 2015

Traige X really wasn't that bad once you face the facts that this series to anyway is a run of the mill series. I would put it up there with it being as run of the mill Akame ga Kill, I just wonder with it having simliar overal themes and better characters on paper why people love Akame ga Kill yet hate this series.

The story is simple a group of characters who are brought back to life become assassins who are to cleans the world of those who are destorying lives. Much like Akame ga Kill, however Triage X is more action based right off the bat thats one thing this series did storywise, action and not trying to really pull for emotions.

The story really loses its focus a lot of times with the backstory of the characters taking way too much time. There are times the backstories of some are good but I would have liked the story to have more depth to it. I liked the set up of another group being able to go toe to toe with Black Label which, again reference to Akame ga Kill, it did better. They relay on their own skills and not weapons/relics to fight which could be why if you asked me Triage X or Akame ga Kill I would say Triage X.

The story does have a ton of over the line ecchi moments of boob squeezes, girls moaning, and more spit exchange to make Mysterious Girlfriend X say thats way too much. I could have gone without the censorship in the series though. The censorship made me wonder if they know their going to be censored why spend time with the nudity and ecchi? I guess they did it to try and boost sales with the BD comes out.

This is really the only thing that the series did great. The animation is crisp, lots of vivid colors, and we have a lot of detail. The detail is mostly on the motorcycles and the look of the characters from within their helmets. You could say that I started the series to get an idea on what its about but stayed for the animation which thankfully this was on a 10 episode series.

The sound in terms of music was great, gunshots take it or leave it most of the time. It was basic and I would have liked to get better sounds or more realistic instead of sticking to stock sounds. I'm sure the gunshots in this series sound just like the gunshots in Gunslinger Girl. I did enjoy the OP and ED which is rare for me to like both and say that they fit the feel of the series. I don't think a pop OP would really fit a series that is focused on action.

I liked them to a certain extent, however I gave this section a 1 because most of them don't add to the story. I like that this series didn't have pretty much a small army to make up Black Label and really had a touch of every skill. You have people great with guns, skilled with a sword, on thats pretty much a bersker class, and one great with bombs. Sounds like a complete class where they could fight together or use their own skill to hold their own.

I would have rated it higher if the characters had more to do than just fight. I also would have liked to get all their backstories to understand more about them because we only hear about two characters in detail and I would have liked Ryu to do more as well in the series. Ryu to me was like a nat, he showed up and talked then he's gone. I know who he is but come on give us detail on whats going on interact and add to the story don't just be a pop in. I would liked him more if he added to the series like Nanami from Brynhildr in the Darkness. She was a pop in character but she was able to add to the story, he was as useless as Orion in Amnesia.

Overall
Triage X really amounted to being about nothing and as the final scenes explaind nothing was resolved. I think this was a 10 episode series that could have been better if the series seemed to make progress. I do suspect they are going to make a second season or have a few OVAs which now I'm going to have to watch because the ending left too many things open. I only thank the studio for making it 10 and not 14 or 26. I would have to get out and cause chaos and hope I get a black label so I could be put out of my misery!

7.5/10 sound
Futureblot's avatar
Apr 29, 2015

======================

UPDATE: the sound effects must have lost their budget because a woman collapsing on the floor doesn't sound like a wet towle dropped on the floor.

I FINISHED THE SHOW AND THE SHOW FINISHED ME!

THIS IS A HORRIBLE AFFRONT TO ALL STORYTELLERS EVERYWHERE! NOTHING COMPARES! NOTHING!

======================

MY friend got into "anime roulette" on the forums and got this anime.
He's a pretty good friend, so I promissed I'd help him get through it.

He already owed me a lot for the fact that I was doing this, after watching only three episodes he owes me a whole lot more.

I don't understand guys who watch this stuff for entertainment, it's not even funny in an ironic sense anymore.

Help me, please, someone, help me.

kroan19's avatar
Jun 11, 2015

Моим первым впечатлением было что то вроде ..блин, почему пол экрана занимают буфера, а не персонажи... Да, буфера слишком большие и это очень раздражало... Однако оказалось что это не все, на чем держится это аниме.

Сюжет довольно интересный, идея не плоха, хотя можно было бы развить по больше, как то быстро разобрались со всем...

Рисовка в общем то не так уж и плоха, но буфераааа... ну вот 1й раз когда это не понравилось...

Персонажи, в особенности ГГ, хороши. ГГ вообще крутой, мне понравились... Хотя 50проц всех баб, которые окружали ГГ ничего из себя не представляли, играли роль фона что ли...

В общем, впечатление так себе, но смотрибельно, вполне можно скоротать денек с этим аниме, хотя ночего там особо и нету... Я б сказал не интересно, а нескучно...

Не всем понравится (думаю большей части не понравится)

tollie01's avatar
May 20, 2017

Right, it's confession time for me. If you have been reading my reviews than you may have noticed that I tend to rip the anime a new one. There is a reason for this though and it has to do with the fact that I can't turn my brain off when watching anime. I can't ignore the stupid shown in the anime and this is a problem as most anime are very stupid indeed.

In this case I'm not talking about a 90 pound girl catching a multi-ton cruise missile and throwing it back. Yes, it is stupid but it is a stupid that I'll allow. It's anime. Things like this are normal here and I'm pretty much fine with it. It annoys me to be sure but I will not rant about it.

So, having explained this lets rip into this anime shall we? Just a heads up: There will most probably be spoilers. The more I hate an anime the more spoilers there will be.

ART: Art is fine. I've said it before and I'll say it many more times: It is near impossible to screw this up these days.

SOUND: Again no complaints from me. I can no longer remember any of the music used but this is how I prefer it. Voice acting were decent even if they get to do the same thing over and over.

CHARACTERS: Main character is the Arashi. Unfortunately he doesn't have boobs so I lost interest really quickly. Boobs would have greatly increased his character...Except manboobs of course.

Mikoto is a young woman with great boobs. Despite their size they are perky and simply amazing. For some reason she has the hots for Arashi but I can't figure out why as he has no boobs. It's weird.

Oriha is a 14 year pop idol with very nice boobs although being so young. Her boobs aren't as nice as Mikoto but still pretty good. It does probably explain why she is so popular with the fans.

Hitsugi has huge boobs as well. Bigger than Mikoto even and she has big boobs. She is very strong which probably explains why her boobs aren't affected by gravity as much as they should be.

Miki also has nice boobs that are probably equal to Mikoto. She is a gun specialist but sadly she has one major flaw in that she covers herself to much. Of all the characters she gets naked the least and that is a shame of some great boobs.

Masamune is the man who created the Black label group but who cares? He doesn't have any boobs so forget him.

Yuugo is the field commander of the team and her boobs are gigantic. If she had been on the Titanic none would have died. She would have used her glorious boobs to deflect the iceberg or kept the Titanic afloat or saved everyone afloat in the icy water. Her boobs should get a spinoff series.

STORY:  This series is about boobs. Glorious, huge, bouncy and amazing boobs. Occasionally they go out on missions to kill bad guys that the police can't catch. Fortunately this is only a small part of the anime as the majority of the run time focuses on the important bits: Boobs.

RANT: I didn't like it but I guess you figured that one out already. This show is all about the boobs and little else. There is some story in there but this a thin excuse to show some boobs. This becomes painfully clear in the opening scene.

The anime starts with the team on a mission to kill a major crimeboss. You get introduced to the team and Yuugo in particilar. She is in the back with Miki, the sniper. She is in a lounge chair in a tiny bikini while the camera lovingly follows every single curve.

Yeah, she's basically sunbathing but I immediately wonder why. Sure she is the field leader so she doesn't have to be in front but when things go south she will have to go in. Since her weapon of choice is a katana this means that she will have to go close and personal. While wearing a bikini.

There is a hot spring in the base and the characters are in it all of the time. In the 10 epsiodes the anime is long there are a minimum of 3 scenes with the characters in the spring. Naked of course.

The villains are.....charicaturs. None of them have any character development and the few scenes they have are there to show in as little time as possible just how evil they are. They appear to laugh evilly, expose their plans to kill their client base and then get attacked by our group.

Look, I can keep going for hours telling all the things wrong with this anime but it isn't worth the effort. If you think that boobs are the best thing ever then this is probably something for you. If you want some story with your fanservice then forget this exists.

0.5/10 story