Today's Menu for Emiya Family

Alt title: Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan

Add review
CodeBlazeFate's avatar
Jan 1, 2019

Hey, weeb! Do you like Fate? Do you hate your own culture? Ever wish you could be Japanese instead? Well, if you wanna replace your heritage with dat sweet sweet Japanese culture, then you best start learning some shit. Luckily for you, Fate/Cooking is here to tutor you, and it’s brought some food along with it. This ain’t your ordinary Japanese class. Professors Emiya, Ramsey, and CBF are ‘bout to teach you some life skills, and class is in session!

The first thing you may notice is how lovely everyone looks with this new art style and these kickass wardrobes. The second thing you may notice is that the food looks scrumptious as all hell. The fine folks over at ufotable worked their asses off to prepare these good looks for you, and boy does it show when the food starts cookin’. I just wish they didn’t make us use shitty CGI for transportation.

The gang’s all here and then some, and they’re just as lively as ever. Lancer, Rin, Taiga, you name it! Even lesser known compadres like Otoko join us for this lovely venture, and believe me, the guys I mentioned by name are the most fun guys here. I hope you’ll find our guests as much fun to witness and interact with as I did. Sadly, some of them had to bring along some shitty songs to open and close out each session, but we got some alright background music to compensate, and even those shitty opening and closing tracks ain’t all bad. Hell, some of them enhance the cooking experience, Now I’m not gonna lie, listening to all these recipe steps is pretty boring, so I only really stay for the visuals. I say this cuz again, this shit looks delicious. We got 13 of these meals, so dig in!

Aww shit; now I’m hungry again! Happy New Year, everybody!

7.3/10 story
9.1/10 animation
6.1/10 sound
7.3/10 characters
7.4/10 overall
renorxukuth's avatar
Jan 2, 2018

This is basically Fate Stay meets Shoukugeki no Soma (Cooking manga). It has all the character so far from the Fate Stay series, in a show about food and preparing it etc. It's not as good though as others of this genre, and if you were especially annoyed by the last show in the series being Fate/Apocrypha, you'll probably not even bother with this.

Jessiohhh's avatar
Aug 4, 2018

This is a nice little food anime. I didn’t watch Fate/stay and wasn’t confused while watching this. This anime lacks any type of conflict so keep that in mind. It is a pleasant, relaxing experience though the lack of a consistent plot does make it easier to lose interest.