Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Entenka no Satsuei Model mo Raku Ja Arimasen wa ne - Reviews

Alt title: A Certain Scientific Railgun: Entenka no Satsuei Model mo Raku Ja Arimasen wa ne

HKBattosai's avatar
Mar 22, 2019

Since this is not packaged with the Blu-ray release from FUNimation, I had to go searching for it in order to see it.

Story: It's a five minute short OVA about Misaka, Kuroko, Uiharu, and Saten going to the beach to relax and enjoy themselves.

One thing I will say is that I can appreciate J.C. Staff for not making an entire 25 minute OVA of something like this, which tends to be the normal. That is quite often fan service filler that can be entertaining, but also a waste of time.

Animation: The art and animation are clearly done by J.C. Staff and stay true to the design consistencies that the anime has, albeit with a little lesser quality level.

Sound: Nothing spectacular for an OVA this short. Then again, the expectations shouldn't be that high either.

Characters: The same personalities of each character were evident here as they are in the orignal anime. That's a very good thing. As a bonus, Kongo makes a brief appearance with her pet snake, Ekaterina, that is surely to leave an unexpected impression. We have Kuroko to thank for that.

Conclusion: It was interesting to say the least. Is it something vital that you need to see? Absolutely not. Could it have just been incorporated into a series' episode? Probably. Could it be skipped? Yes. Will you get some enjoyment out of it? Probably.

ENTERTAINMENT SCORE:  5/10

1️⃣Weighted Average System Score: (6 + 6 + 5 + 21 + 10 = 48/100)

Additional Information:

• Video Format:  Streaming (480p)
  • Audio Format:  Japanese with English subtitles