Thumbelina: A Magical Story

Alt title: Oyayubi Hime Monogatari Movie

Add review
CutesySquirrel26's avatar
Aug 15, 2017

This is a great anime movie! I just finished watching it for the first time in years! When I was a little girl, it terrified me. but don't worry about it. When I was young, everything terrified me! I couldn't watch Disney's Sleeping Beauty until I was 8 or 9 years old! I struggle with an anxiety disorder, you see. But anyway, now that I am grown, I can say that I enjoy it greatly. The animation may be old, but it is still good quality, and I find it very nostalgic. The story is very good! Far different than any other Thumbelina movie I have seen.  I love the songs and I feel that they are rather timeless as far as children's music goes. The characters are unique and memorable. I love how Noble has a bit of sass and laughter in her, and how adorably sweet the frog boy is (his name suddenly escapes me, I am rather bad with names).  Maya reminds at the beginning of the children I work with in the church nursery each week when their feeling naughty.  The things she says sound exactly like what I would expect from a grumpy 5-year-old.  When she becomes a good girl, she reminds me of the children in the nursery most of the time. They often run up and flock around me, hugging me. Many of them are genuinely concerned about others.  I enjoy this anime greatly and would suggest to anyone above the age of 4 or 5! :)