The World Yamizukan - Reviews

Alt title: Sekai no Yami Zukan

Arocta's avatar
Apr 5, 2017

If you have ever watched a live action reading of a comic book before it's very similar to that where yo have the pannels being moved to give the scene more action but in its essence is something that really should be read rather than watched, in its current state, and the sotry itself is that of a some-what basic plot that you would see a cheesy short cartoon based off of. but if you're into that kind of thing this may suit you well not bad really but not great if you watched a ton of other animes and want the same style, it is good if you're looking for something completely new and a little out there, however.

Dionkeykong's avatar
Jun 20, 2017

Warning:Strong language...Now that that's out of the way WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

And i do mean what the fuck..Horror?Supernatural?Really?4 min/episode and you don't even get proper animation,but instead u get a slide show?

Honestly don't even think of wasting your time.Don't let that cover mislead you.This is now and forever the king of the shithill.I cannot believe that this abomination ever got the green light and reached our screens.It's an insult to humanity.I would rather be burned alive by the catholic church than spending a minute more watching it..I would gladly go to hell and have Stalin and Hitler shove up my ass weasels.Wanna have a laugh?See Aggresive Retsuko instead.It wiill be time better spent trust me.

0.1/10 story
0.1/10 animation
0.1/10 characters
0.2/10 overall
Babykitten's avatar
Apr 4, 2017

very short and looks like yamishibai (cause of the same directer) but somehow worse, also reminds me of the x-files IF they spent 3 $ an episode, so overall watch the first ep and see if you like but I think it looks lazy

teasbees's avatar
Apr 14, 2018

I honestly wanted to like this, I really did. But my first thought when I saw the first episode was what the actual what? The animation was pretty terrible, the story was bad and I was left more confused than when I started it.

But let me explain.

The idea of The World Yamizukan is that it's a collection of short horror stories, complete with either animation or pictures. Most run about five minutes, so it's a good choice if you want something to fill your spare time, but terrible if you want something worthwhile to fill that time.

I'm going to reiterate what I said before - it's terrible. When there is animation, it's usually atrocious or extremely odd, and when there's not, the acting is terrible (look to episode 07 - The Innocent Clown - for an example). The stories aren't something to keep you up at night, but I will give them props because the guy doing the readings has a pretty fantastic voice to give you shivers. The characters don't have any substance to them (but that is to be expected of a collection of short stories).

So, the things I did like, out of the many I didn't, were the narrators voice - a rather deep, husky voice that would put me to sleep and give me nightmares whilst doing so - and somehow the ending theme song. I think that's the only thing that'll get me through the episodes, honestly.

OVERALL: This is worth watching for something to waste your time and to say you've seen it. If you want substance, good animation and character development, look elsewhere.