The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War - Reviews

Alt title: Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi

Gozza's avatar
Apr 11, 2018

4 little side stories with a little build-up to the upcoming season. Consider them fillers where they just take a bit more time to dive deeper into the cast and their relationships. To be fair, the most interesting part actually happens after the credits.

Tystick357's avatar
Dec 19, 2019

This anime just didn't do it for me.

The characters are not interesting.  The fights are way too over the top (one sword slash destroying a whole forest).  I don't particularly like the art style of the world or the people either.  The show fails at creating tension by how overpowered people are.

That being said, I don't think it's necessarily "bad", it's just not my cup of tea.  Disappointing that this and Black Clover were talked up so much to me, but I don't really care for either.  I'll be trying a rewatch of Black Clover because the reason I stopped was Asta being annoying.

Meliodas is very vanilla to me, but I didn't actively dislike him like Asta.

For fans of the show, I hope you get a full adaptation of the manga, but I'm out.

EmilyIsADemon's avatar
Jan 28, 2019

The plot was intersting and I was actually rather intrigued when watching it. After watching The Seven Deadly Sins, I found it was definitly a very good show to watvh afterwards. It 'continues' the story line well and was very enjoyable to keep up with.

7.5/10 story