The Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of the Gods - Reviews

Alt title: Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin

zdNda's avatar
Dec 25, 2019

SPOILER-FREE

Since there is the new studio animating, the quality has dropped drastically. Due to the criticism of the ,,Prisoners of the sky" movie, a new season had to be made. Studio that took up making it had just one year to do so. However, this arc was considered as the possibly best part of the manga, the animation was almost unwatchable. At first we had to deal with censored blood that looked like if a fucking cum was dripping from their wounds (There were some scenes where they vommitted blood. And now try to imagine how it looks like when someone chokes on sperm-like liquid...) then with the bad art... Seriously, the characters looked really bad in some scenes that I just couldn't help myself and do anything but cringe and close my damned eyes. And the animation was almost even not an animation, it looked like a colored manga with bad artstyle + a lot of standstill frames. Mimic movements were that bad that the voices of the voice actors sometimes didn't even fit to the scene.

I really hoped that they would make up for it by making a good-looking animation of the most awaited fight (and probably the best fight in the manga). But the fight was absolutely horrible, worse than regular fights with weak opponents, it was that terrible that everyone acknowledges the fan-animation as the better one. At this point I lost all my hopes and expectations that I would somehow enjoy the anime and dropped it. If you are a fan of The Seven Deadly Sins and interested in its story, I really recommend you to read the manga...it's much better.

I don't really get why they hurried so much in making a new season knowing that it's not gonna have a good animation when the series has this big fanbase...Personally, I'd have waited or read the manga rather than watched a rushed animation.

4.5/10 overall
Yuxiama's avatar
Mar 27, 2020

While watching this season, I forgot how much I was enjoying, crying, laughing and feel the love of those characters with each other. This season was a really disappointing one, I wasn't excited every week like I used to be with the other seasons. I hope that the seven deadly sins come back as strong as the manga.

SPOILER AHEAD:

We finally get to see the full demon side of Meliodas but yeah, because of the bad animation, I was frustrated, beside the voice actor, Melioda's evil face wasn't that great, not to mention his poor fight with Escanor that everyone was excited to see.

I always used to like the element of surprise in NNT, I knew that there was something special between Elizabeth and Meliodas, but I was really surprised and shocked about the fact that they were lovers and were against their father, mother.

I'm sure that the next season, we will have many other surprises, but hope the animation will be better, and the seven deadly sins will come back stronger as it used to be, this season we are left with Meliodas absorbing the commandment while waiting for the last 3 to become a demon king, Estarosa kidnapped Elizabeth and he is heading to Meliodas probably to fight with him, King and the two Goddess going after him to save her. Merlin and the Goddess entered the black hole surrounding Meliodas, and the only way to get out of there is either by killing Meliodas or make him return to his old self, which Ban is busy with now.

ilikespacebrothers's avatar
Jan 15, 2020

I wouldn't say it is the worst animation, but it is definitely worse than in previous seasons. The Devil mark isn't even on Meliodas's head.

If you're planning to watch this, don't have high hopes on the animation and epic battle scenes.

TheRogueNob's avatar
Aug 26, 2020

ITS FINALY HERE!! the C*M blood and the drop in animations for 7Ds, is it as bad as some people made it out to be? I’ll put that at the end, and I’ll make the SPOILER FREE review pretty quick in my usual format. First thing though if you are getting annoyed with the shows many issues buy episode 5/6 then drop it because the next 19 episodes won’t be any better

the animation I will quickly say that yes there was a drop in overall quality, and it does detract from at least 4 fight scenes which was a bummer, but again there is more to it that I will go in-depth for

next is the sound, all I can say is damn they really know how to make OPs and EPs because those were both enjoyable to watch and listen to. But the sound IN the show was awful scenes felt so empty there was literally no background music or noise. no birds’ animals, people even during big battles every scene felt so empty this bothered me more than the animation by far.

next is the characters if you told me that the characters were the spotlight I would have laughed, but hey they did a good job building/ fleshing out characters that I wasn’t expecting nice job there.

Finally, the story how is this show so slow and so fast at the same time? It has serious pacing problems a ton of jump cuts story arcs and scenes fell like they got skipped almost with how fast they moved. A LOT happens in these 24 episodes that I can’t even begin to describe at how bad a job they did at piecing it together, at least you don’t have to worry about filler episode *cough Naruto cough*

In summary its fairly obvious that they rushed 7DS from the animation sound and how the story was cut, I'm surprised that I didn’t here more about the fucked(can I even say that with the community guidelines) up story cuts than the animation. Don’t go in expecting a masterpiece just watch for the characters because that’s really all that’s good here... I don’t want to spoil it but many of the story elements exacerbate the problems with the show, so I don’t really have anything else to say

Thanks for the read and have fun binging shows if your still locked up for the coof

So, the animation wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good the problem was consistency. Sometimes blood spray was white other pink and purple and black but at the same time blood and scars that stained skin, clothes and surfaces were red it was all so confusing. Next is the fights holy crap it was just two statues swinging at each other I was LAUGHING they were so hilariously goofy to watch. My other problem is that some scenes seriously looked good and I mean REALLY good which made the subsequent scenes that looked like my 4-year-old fridge drawing in scuffed crayons look on par sometimes. Honestly, I think the animations wasn’t even the worst part if you guys read the review, but it certainly didn’t add to it

Girlfriend's avatar
Aug 22, 2020

This season was just about what happend 3000 years ago in a circle I know that netflix just added a new episode but im only in to see elizabeth die and be reborn or atleast break that seal its a terrible looping anime