The Honor Student at Magic High School - Reviews

Alt title: Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei

Saraht's avatar
Nov 13, 2021

Much as I love tatsuya(and most other characters, for that matter) I feel the absolute inverse for miyuki. She creeps me the f out, and it's so weird that she doesn't see it either, as perceptive as she seems to be. I know they're not actually related, but for a character who was brought up with a boy she was taught to hate, it is a bit of a stretch to to all the way to the other end of the spectrum. Her only attributes are that apart from being born with immense power, she is abnormally attracted to her brother. A totally one dimensional character should have no place in an otherwise decent anime. Get it together, woman.

offyourocker's avatar
Jul 5, 2022

the rehash of the original from miyuki's perspective. i had no intention of watching it when it came out, but i forgot about it and was told about it by a friend. honestly, i wish i remembered because this isn't worth watching. miyuki's got a hopeless brother complex that was already pretty creepy in the original series, but it's magnified now that we can see what she's thinking on top of it all. everything else is just the same shit different pile. you may as well watch the original series again if you're bored.

Oswallt's avatar
Apr 11, 2022

Every episode feels like it's just a recap episode of the main series.  The new scenes from different perspectives don't add anything new at all and don't even form a cohesive story.  If you haven't seen the main series, you won't have any idea what's going on.

alexgausa's avatar
Oct 6, 2023

This anime compliments the rest of the series well.  It shows the first season from a different perspective of the other characters in the anime and also shows new scenes on and off throughout the episodes of this season.  It just adds to the storyline with a bit more humor in this one over the original season.  I was very amused at the mocking that the student counsel president and the head of the discipline committee act out when they imitate the brother and sister and how they show affection towards each other.  There are other scenes to amuse the audience for other reasons also, as I said this season is not as serious as the other seasons/movies of this anime series.  There are also new characters in this season as well as those with bit parts in the rest of the series being given more depth to them.  If you choose not to watch this season it will not take away from the overall anime series, but you will miss out on some character back story as well as added material that was not covered in the first season, and added characters.  Enjoy!

Jozaturbo950's avatar