The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter - Reviews

Alt title: Ore Dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon: Kossori Kitaete Sekai Saikyou

Megablaster545's avatar
Mar 27, 2021

This anime doesn´t have the slightest clue of what it wants to be, it’s just a complete mess of stuff put together. There are lots of ways of making an OP protagonist interesting story wise which this anime tries and utterly fails at:

• The attempts at comedy are barely noticeable.
  • Noir´s powers are literally infinite and he can´t think of creative ways of using it (ironically the name of the skill is Get Creative) the first skill he creates is literally throwing a pebble really hard.
  • You barely know anything about the characters which are incredibly one dimensional.
  • The action (if you can even call this action) is incredibly bad, the first battle against a lvl99 monster with an instant death skill while Noir is lvl23 ends with Noir throwing a big pebble at the monster in a battle that lasts 2min and that is counting Noir´s long ass internal monologue.
  • The ecchi parts are just shoehorned in wherever and whenever without the slightest consideration if it makes sense for it to be happening.
  • Lastly not even the world in which the anime unfolds is interesting, just a generic fantasy setting.

So all together anything this anime tries to do it does badly.

If you want all of the stuff I´ve talked about just watch Mushoku Tensei, and if you want something more focused on comedy watch Tatoeba Last Dungeon.

diablol3's avatar
Mar 27, 2021

Along with other shows of this season, the story here is lost potential. I think a slightly more serious tone could have done wonders for this show. I feel that so much time was spent making sure all the girls got enough screen time, that they forgot to include an overarching plot then rushed to a weak conclusion in the last few episodes. Noir never seems to understand how to use his powers and doesn't get better at using them. if you do enjoy this show, read the manga. while not amazing either, and currently moving at a snail's pace, it is better than the anime.

3.8/10 overall
DrakeParker's avatar
Mar 29, 2021

This was not what I was expecting.

The first three episodes had potential but after the fourth it went downhill. I first thought this show was going to be about how the MC has to survive magic school with harem elements but I was dead wrong.

From a weird harem contest to a mythical beast with a rose on its head acting as a pair of genitalia? WHAT!

The animation during fight scenes were not the best like other shows in the same genre, I wouldn't suggest binging this show. There are better shows you could waist time watching.

4.5/10 overall
apoc9's avatar
Mar 31, 2021

This going to be short. In a generic light novel setting, generic boy discovers hidden dungeon using his deus ex machina power of great sage, where he meets legendary beautiful one-san, who bestows upon him broken powers to make and edit any power for life points. Those life points are of course charged by doing pleasurable things with girls. Luckily there is already a childhood friend with big chest to fulfil that role readily, because she already likes him. His sister likes him too. Once he becomes awesome with his powers, he was gifted with other girls starts to like him too. Thus, harem is born. He helps people, clears some dungeon levels and gets some legendary resources. [1] The end.

Animation is ok for what it is. Soundtrack already forgotten.

I don’t recommend the series.

Spoilers

[1] He releases the one-san/master from the dungeon - the end.

1.5/10 overall
lostm1's avatar
Mar 28, 2021

One of the best anime i've seen since TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You. This anime was refreshing, The MC actually had pretty clear feeling for a female character  and there is probably more kissing in this anime than all the anime in some seasons combined. The MC was somewhere between generic wimpy good guy and bold assertive good guy. He a times seems like  your average dense as bricks harem protagonist, however there are plenty of time where he takes the inniative even if he is shy about it and he's not entirely unaware of his romantic interests feelings even if he isnt direct about this.

The action scenes ranged from oddly stilted to near masterful, it kinda seemed like certain scenes where just made by someone less competent. That aside it didn't bother me overly much as I didn't really watch this for the action.

I would have liked more world building, It assumed everyone iis born with skills and can aqcure more through practice but its never really fleshed out.

The art and world itself looked great, The characters aside from the MC didn't look too generic, and the voiice acting seemed good (although i have limited knoledge of this topic)

All in all, if your looking for an intense action, or anything remotley serous your probably better off watching a dfferent genre let alone this show. If your looking for a good comedy with a very good (for harem) romance, set in an intersting fantasy world with a ittle action for plot proggression this is the show for you.

<h1> </h1>