The Eminence in Shadow 2nd Season - Reviews

Alt title: Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd season

alexgausa's avatar
Dec 24, 2023

This was not done as well as the first season, it did not flow as well.  I felt this season was more disjointed, and was not as good as the first.  There are new characters, there is more world building, there are all the characters from the first season, the voice actors are just as good and the animation is the same as the first, but it did not flow like the first season.  The first season flowed well with the story from episode to episode while this season seemed forced together.  I enjoyed the world and backstory being more developed and all the action and new and old characters, but this was not as well done as the first season.  I do believe they should have linked the 1st season better to the 2nd season as well as linking each episode to each other much better in the 2nd season...... other than that they were a bit more pervy and risque this season such as Shadow's background school friends, and especially the Dragon's Tears episode.   I hope they get back to a better flow in the movie and the 3rd season, will be looking forward to watching them.  Enjoy!

JustAkeno's avatar
Dec 21, 2023

The self-aware parody cringefest shitshow is back at it again. I fucking love this anime.

This is one of the few anime that are factually nothing less than a 10/10.

Because the entire purpose is for it to be cringe and edgy and over-the-top.

I am now pursuing the source material for it. LET'S GO!!!!

bobhikes's avatar
Dec 20, 2023

It rare that season 2 exceeds season one but they managed it.  The characters were great and the story line fun.  Even though misunderstanding is the constant gag and you think it will get old they keep it fresh.  We learn more about the world and Cids influence and several more shadow characters.  The art work, the sound around the fight scenes all good.  Its my third favorite of the year but the ending has me crying for the third season to come out.  I kinda expected he would be misplaced but not to where he was misplace.  What great is that there can now be new misunderstandings glore and it will still be fresh.

SaberOfShadows's avatar
Dec 22, 2023

What a thrill to watch this! I could watch this for an eternity and not get tired!

Thegodis's avatar
Dec 19, 2023

A masterpiece, the best isekai anime at the moment