The Case Files of Jeweler Richard - Reviews

Alt title: Housekisho Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei

Photogiraffe77's avatar
Mar 27, 2020

This anime is a real "hidden gem" (see what I did there? Ha!) The story is packed with genuine emotion, real character arcs, and a very original plot line and concept. Watching the relationship between these two build and how it affects their lives really is beautiful and well paced. I am usually one who waits for the dubs before watching, but I enjoyed every moment of this show and I didnt mind reading one bit. A little drama, a little mystery, a lot of friendship and information about beautiful gems - this story is as unique as the stones for sale in Richard's shop.

Some1ridculous's avatar
Mar 27, 2020

I gotta say this was the most interesting anime series I've watched this year. The main things I really liked about this series was Richard and Seigi's relationship together as colleagues in a Jewellery shop, as well as describing different types of diamonds out there that I have never even heard of before!

I also liked the fact they interacted with different types of people who bring different jewellery and share their own personal stories behind the jewels. Then of course Richard like the dashing English Prince type that he is, comes to the rescue and sorts their issues out! His shop should be a counselling service more than a Jewellery store to be honest lol!

Y'know I wish the shounen ai or the Yaoi tag was added here because realistically, Richard and Seigi are a potential couple! I also wish Seigi didn't fall for Shouko because she clearly doesn't like him that way, whereas I felt Richard honestly does like him that way! Yeah I know I read way too many Yaoi/shounen ai stories (see my manga list on here) but for goodness sake it should've happened!

I will admit this story had disjointed and confusing parts to it as it seemed to go pretty fast with the scenes especially with the last episode. BUT AGAIN, it is an interesting series that everyone should check out if you're into your shoujo, wholesome or mystery type of anime!

KarmaM's avatar
Apr 11, 2020

I’ve been hesitating on watching this for a while now because I’m currently not in the mood for this genre but I’m glad I did. I thought it included deep shits stuff but it was pretty light in a good way. If you are into slice of life, drama mix that isn’t like the usual or, in better terms, looking for something full filling and somewhat different in a sense, this is the show for you. It has a light pinch of yaoi too but isn’t really the highlight so it’s good for those who are not a fan of lgbtq stuffs. You won’t really even notice it much unless you are an avid yaoi shipper (like yours truly). This is my first review and everything's sorta all over the place so forgive me if I can’t explain it well.

Episode One

Normally, if episode one is shitty and it didn’t really captured my attention that would be the end of it, unless, if someone spoiled me about what’ll happen then I’d be more patient to go and watch further. Yet for this series I wasn’t spoiled . I knew zero about what’ll happen. Luckily, I found ep 1 to be interesting and continued or else I would have missed a really good show. The characters where interesting and mysterious in a way that isn’t really frustrating(?) thus making the story flow more smoothly.

Episode Twelve

Damn I just wanna say this was my fave episode periodt!!!

9.5/10 story
NeiJuzzuo's avatar
Nov 1, 2020

I LOVED IT.

It's refreshing, lite and nice anime to watch.

It has some funny scenes and some serious scenes.

Every case is interesting to watch and I would RECOMMEND it to everyone.

It is slow peace and it doesn't have action scenes or anyhing like that. It's simple, it's about life and emotions.

It is not BL, even though they are very close and often express their affection towards each other (I like you, you are very beautiful etc.).

It's kind of friendship - platonic love maybe relationship.

Animethings126's avatar
Jun 18, 2020

Overall, this anime was pretty good, it's kind of underrated but I kind of understand since there is not much action, just 2 guys working at a jewelry shop. But I would overall it was pretty interesting. ❤