Tamako Love Story - Reviews

corkboard's avatar
Apr 19, 2015

For fans of Tamako Market, there could not be a better follow up.  It has all the carefree slice-of-life entertainment that you loved from Tamako Market coupled with a forward-driving plot that doesn't leave you feeling like you just wasted eighty minutes of your life.  (I do love a comic show where something actually happens; where the end really does bring some kind of resolution.) Very well written and conceived with a perfect balance of comedy, romance, and even a little drama (uncharacteristic of Tamako Market).  It left me feeling very warm in my soul.  One of those rare extras that I loved more than the main show itself.

Adyth's avatar
May 9, 2016

this is exactly what i want when i finish watchin comedy/slice of life anime.

in the series bunch of friends doing stuff around ,a lot of laughing moments and so on...

and AFTER u will get a movie where main characters express love each other ,this is exactly the top of anime like this ,very good job , it wasnt tht emotional like Beyond the Boundary: Mirai-hen for example but its great culmination for comedy/slice of life/ school life.

Kyoto animation didnt dissapoint with animation once again - no kawaiiness mising:3..

characters were average ,if u rushed the movie quickly after series some of them may act stereotypically to u but thats something with what u can live along.

in overall its typical story about friends who know each other since they were born and at the times when they are about to finish high school and continue their lifes a boy will confess his love to her - shes really suprised - running away- days in stress dont know what to do and so on u know what exactly i mean:)

to the end i just wanna say that the movie like this HYOUKA needs as F*..

cheers

9.1/10 overall
Saral's avatar
Nov 7, 2020

Almost Perfect!

I am so glad they resolved one of the biggest questions i had during the Tamako Market series, 'Will Mochizou tell Tamako his feelings?' and he did! I feel so bad for him trying to make things normal between them two but Tamako would just run away or would speak awkwardly. I loved seeing her behaviour chnaging from discouraged, not being able to do anything to being confident and managed to get back to her normal self. The ending was adorable how she ran all the way to the station to tell Mochizou how she feels, however i wished they hugged or kissed or something but hey! i ain't mad. My favourite character during this movie was definitely Kanna with her sound effects. Overall : Great!

PrxpleRocks's avatar
May 8, 2021

The Story is great! If you like romace. I'm sure That your gonna like this  Movie/Anime!

silentoof's avatar
Feb 2, 2021

Tamako Love Story was, I thought, a very good follow up for Tamako Market. Personally I thought Tamako LOve Story was missing something and I just wish the story was a little longer so I could've seen how everything worked out between the characters. The animation and characters were all very cute and was quite enjoyable. The dubbed version of the story was very hard to find for me and when I did find it the audio was really bad. The characters spoke very quietly no matter how much i turned the volume up, but that issue might have just been caused because of the site i was using. Other than those factors the story was very cute and wholesome i would recommend!