Super Lovers 2 - Reviews

haize78's avatar
Apr 2, 2017

If you liked Super Lovers 1, my suggestion is to go on and watch this second season as it's pretty much in line with the first. I maybe even liked it more. If you haven't seen the first, I don't think there's much point in watching this as it is the continuation of a story that was introduced in the initial anime. Same goes if, on the contrary, you were put off by Ren and Haru's relationship and especially Ren's age in the first season, don't even try watching this as you'll just get more of the same. It's shounen-ai and Ren is really young. I reviewed the first season too, so if you're interested you can check it out.

The story, as already said, is the development and continuation of Ren and Haru's relationship. At the beginning, as you can read in the synopsis, Haruka arrives in Japan intent on taking Ren with her to Switzerland, but it's really a no brainer and there isn't even much drama connected to it as Ren has no intention of leaving Haru. Haru manages the café, Shima and Aki occasionally help, Ren has his summer holidays and tries doing some part-time jobs to earn some money. Some new characters get introduced, like Natsu and a couple of other less relevant side characters. In this time span, between the coming and going of Haruka and then the showing up of Natsu, there's space for misunderstandings to arise and then pan out as Ren, in his quest to get ever closer to Haru, starts asking questions about sex and homosexual relationships.

In the first season, I was disappointed by the development of Haru's character as he had got off to a great start but then became increasingly superficial. Now he recovers somewhat and we get a deeper insight in his motivations and emotions. But this season is mostly about Ren and his feelings; and I do think that this aspect is built up, developed and, in general, portrayed quite well. I still think that Aki and Shima are great comic characters, but in this respect they probably shined more in the first season. We do see more of Haruka, which I liked a lot in the first season, too.

Sound and animation are consistent with the first season.

Overall, I think this is a good anime if you like the genre. I marathoned it - not a great feat because it's only ten episodes - and I would have happily watched more.

6.5/10 sound
6.5/10 characters
Saral's avatar
Jul 7, 2019

Still so cute!

Just binged watched both season 1 and this one and I have to say I liked this season more because I found it funny when Ren kept asking sex questions to the school nurse ahahah! I also loved how everyone’s relationships grew stronger. In this season I really liked Aki he was just always funny.

Overall: still adorable

8.7/10 overall
FRAGMENTED's avatar
Jan 16, 2021

If you enjoyed watching Super Lovers, you'll DEFINITELY enjoy the prequel, Super Lovers 2! Super Lovers 2 is a sequel that fans of this anime CANNOT miss. The relationships of the characters, both main and side, grew stronger and closer with one another. The animations of this anime were perfect. The main characters and side characters demonstrated change and growth. The story/plot is interesting and funny. I personally binged watched the 1st and 2nd season in just ONE night since it was THAT amazing. This season is definitely different from the 1st but, I can't complain since it was even BETTER and deserved a 5-star rate. I have already started reading the manga and I can tell you I CANNOT wait for season 3 to come out.

mossghost1's avatar
May 21, 2021

one word pedophilia. not to mention there literally brothers idc if there adopted there still brothers. i would have been a little more at ease if there wasnt such an age diffrence but it made me really uncomfortable in a lot of ways.

1.5/10 overall
RememberUS's avatar
Jan 7, 2021

NO SPOILER - A great sequel to series that a fan of this anime can't miss. It's very different from the first season, but I still give five stars because it deserve it.

Graphics and animation perfect (but I expected that), characters grow and change, the plot is quite funny and interesting. Looking at this anime won't hurt. ;)