Student Council's Discretion - Reviews

Wirusan's avatar
Feb 10, 2013

Streamed it- This Review Covers First and Second Season

Foreword

Seitokai No Ichizon is adapated from a light novel series of the same name and here's Wirusan's take on this fun anime!

Yea Ken, dream on

Now the story for Seizon ( As Minatsu put it) is a VERY simple one. The Student Council Members spend their time tackling important issues that Student councils do...NOT this is usually the objective however they always end up doing nothing but making jokes with each other. The show takes pokes it itself all the time and the characters surely like to break the third and fourth wall in this show. They even have the visual novel that they're adapted from! Most of the episodes all consist of them inside the student council room and while they do go other places and do various things it's mostly in the room and they even break the fourth wall to self harm themselves by saying things like "All we do is talk in this room." or "Why are we being animated?" while it's funny it's true.There is a side point where the main character wants to have a harem with all the other members but it's clear from the start that this will not happen. I wish they would've went out more or even showed them doing more things They do reveal a backstory for the main character and others as well but nothing they reveal is a big game changer either. It' definately fun to watch the charcters get into funny situations but the story is a basic one and isn't really the point of the anime it's the interactions the characters get into so they story gets a solid 5.

Ken is probably enjoying that...Well he is

The animation for Seizon isn't one that i recall being praticularly great but it isn't bad either. They don't really do much movement but the movement they do are simple . Whenever they parody an anime you know what anime their doing because they are detailed Like my favorite parody scene

Tha'ts just awesome. When they go chibi or do a parody it's crisp and it gets their point across . So I'll give animation a solid 7

Look familiar?

The sounds for seizon are good. The op is pretty catchy and the ed's are too, the cool thing about the ed's is they're sung differently from time to time they have different lyrics and sometimes are sung by the characters. My favorite ending is when Sakurano sings it and she skips verses and her notes are flat it's cute and funny. The voice acting is good as well we have Mario Honda (who does the voice for Sakurano) on here nad she also does Yuko's vocie from Nichijou. The sound gets a solid 7

Ken get's a lot of abuse throughout the series

The charaacters in Seizon are what make this show good. They are funny and they develop as the series progresses.

Ken Sugisaki

Ken is the main protaginist and unlike in most animes where the male lead is surronded by females Ken WANTS to get with every girl. Ken is convinced that the Student Council is his harem. Ken gets his ideas from all the eroges he plays. His perversion aside Ken is a good guy at heart he usually stays after everyone else leaves to get all the paperwork out the way. He worked really hard just to get into the Student Council bringing his grades all the way up. Chizuru calls him Key-Kun because his name can be read as Key  as well.

Sakurano Kurimu

Sakurano is known as either Prez (Kaichou) or Aka-chan. If you are wondering where her nickname came from it's cause Chizuru gave it to her. She added an extra chracter to the end of her name so it is read as Kurimuzon (Crimson) and if you translate that to japanese it becomes red (Aka). Her name can also mean baby so there's a dual play there but she'll definately get pissed if you call her a baby. Sakurano is kind but she is pretty childish and often likes to laze around and eat sweets. She is very popular in the school as well and is the reason for Ken's obsession with Eroges.

Minatsu Shiina

Oh Minatsu, She's the tough tom boy of the group. She loves reading shounen and does well in sports too, she's even on the baseball team. Minatsu is a Tsundere whose aspiration is to be a bride one day. I think she looks better when her hair is down and Ken didn't even recognize her when she did have it down.

Mafuyu Shiina

Mafuyu is Minatsu's little sister and has a completely different personality. Mafuyu is pretty reserved and loves to play games and read her BL comics (Ewww). She's the only freshman in the class and is almost always seen with her portable game console. She is initialy afraid of men but makes an execption for Ken.

Chizuru Akaba

Chizuru is a senior like Sakurano and is the coolset of the group she is mature and has the most *ahem* mature body. Although she always sports her relaxed attitude she also has a sadistic side too often taking pleasure in giving pain usually to Ken. She loves Sakurano and is her best friend it's hinted that she loves her intitmately. She is also known for braishwashing Sakurano and Ken various times.

Lilicia Toudou

Lilicia is the head of the Journalism Club and dislikes the Student Council probably because she didn't get into it. She is always trying to find dirt on the Student Council and it's members. She has a thing for Ken but she won't admit it

Elise Toudou

Elise is Lilica's little sister and she uses her to get dirt on the Student Council. She is pretty precocious but her sister has tainted her mind and she usually talks about dirty things. This makes Ken look like a lolicon and it's funny seeing what she gets him into.

Satori Magiru

Satori is a teacher and the advisor to the Student Council. She is pretty serious and cool though she often plays jokes on the group. She usually doesn't help them when they have problems and dislikes beign aroudn the other teachers so she often visits them out of bordem.

Each character brings something funny to the plate and it's fun to watch I give the characters a solid 7

Overall

Final Score: 7.0

Rating: Fresh

Seizon is a pretty funny show although if you haven't seen the shows they parody you are kind of out of the loop. This doesn't matter though because they make up their own situations where things get funny. All in all I give Seizon a 7.0

As far as I know this show doesn't have an offical DVD release so I reccomend you Watch it!

Something that’s fresh is a good fun time. Sure it could’ve been better but ultimately it’s something you don’t regret experiencing

As always this is your boy Wirusan!and stay the hell away from woodchippers

Tumblr

Youtube

Eron's avatar
Feb 12, 2014

First Impressions

The first episode had a really interesting start, which you can find out by watching it yourself.

Basically, this story is about a guy, named Ken Sugisaki, the male protagonist of the story. He is a pervert who has no sense of shame and enjoys playing H games. However, he is really hardworking and obtained the highest score in the entrance exams, which allowed him to join the school student council, which the only other way to join was to be popular and get votes from peers. So everyone, apart from Ken, are cute, popular girls. On the first day, he swore to the girls in the student council that he would create his harem and make everyone happy. Every episode is packed with comedy and parody of other animes.

Though I couldn't find any site where I could watch this anime in HD, it is still watchable. The character animation is great, but you would expect this from any modern anime.

Every character has a unique trait which makes the story fun to watch. For example, Kurimu, the President of the student council, is a very short high school student with a personality of a 10 year old kid. She enjoys playing in sand boxes and need to hug a plushie while sleeping. Chizuru, the student council's secretary, who is a tall, model-like figure. She mature and is serious most of the time. You can watch the anime to know the other two main characters...

Overall

This anime is a greaat anime which will make you laugh every episode. I really reccomend this anime if you love comedy and harem.

Wanginator's avatar
Dec 26, 2009

Seitokai no Ichizon is another of those series adapted from light novels into anime, which was one of the reasons that attracted me to it in the first place. It revolves around the daily activities of a group of students that make up the Student Council at a particular school (By the way, the group consists of 4 girls and 1 guy).  Though I'll admit I had some assumptions as to what kind of anime it would play out to be, I was pleasantly surprised in a few areas.

If I had to cut Seitokai no Ichizon into portions based on the tags associated as of this date, I'd say it's (roughly) 30% Parody/Comedy, 30% Harem, and about 10% Ecchi. The comedy and parody aspects of the show remain prominent throughout all 12 episodes, and given the characters and setting, it's easy to understand the Harem portion. Ecchi is present, but it's not the kind of shove-in-your-face ecchi that tends to turn some viewers off from watching a series, nor is it really emphasized on except for a few occasions. But wait, where's the last 30%?

Though it hasn't been added yet, Seitokai no Ichizon hides some nice quality drama beneath its exterior. While nothing incredibly heart-rending or tear-jerking, it is nevertheless a key part in giving the viewer background information about the characters and their relationships with each other. Without this, Seitokai no Ichizon might have ended up being another comedy flick in which the viewers don't really care about what happens to the characters afterwards. Even so, it might not have worked in this case, since a large part of the comedy used in the series stems from the viewer's understanding of the characters' personalities.

Overall, Seitokai no Ichizon is an enjoyable series for anyone who's a fan of comedy or drama, and a sweeter deal for fans of both. For ecchi haters, don't let that tag turn you off from checking the series out.

Sakhi's avatar
Dec 27, 2014

This has got to be one of the most boring animes I have ever watched. I'm not familiar with the original story i.e. light novel or manga. However, I can honestly say that after forcing myself to go through the first 6-7 episodes this show was just plain boring.

The story revolves around a male lead (who is constantly made fun of) who refers to the student council as his harem. This joke is quite funny but is overused to the point of becoming annoying. All that happens in the story is the Student Coucil talking to each other for the full 20 minutes about unnecessary s*** to fill the void of them not doing anything during their meetings. I mean no disrespect to the writer of the show but the reliance on showing people otaku and pop culture references was not endearing to me or even comedic.

The animation was quite decent considering the imagination of the colourful characters involved.

The sound was just doing it's job nothing spectacular. I should note that I believe that the voice actors/actresses did a fantastic job portraying their crazy characters.

The limelight of the show is indeed the characters of the show. They are not your standard one-dimensional characters e.g. Mafuyu is a cute, weak looking girl...who is also a BL loving otaku. However, I sometimes felt that to set themselves apart from other anime characters this show was just forcing some of the personality traits just to be different.

Overall

I was expecting a funny show especially due to the avg ratings on anime planet. However, I found that this show sucked big time mainly due to the fact that there is NO story. I base whether I should drop an anime halfway by asking myself the question "Do I care what happens to the characters?" I do not drop anime very often and this show was strange in that I did care about the characters somewhat. But there was nothing in this show to keep me watching it. Th anime and gaming references that were thrown were actually a bit insulting to me as they were random and unnecessary and added no depth and little comedic value.

And to end this review: Did you guys notice that most of the show (like 90%) was contained in one setting? Namely the student council room. To be honest I got sick of being in that room with the characters.

I don't usually write reviews about anime as I feel that most points have been covered by other users. But when I feel this strongly about something like this I will write it out.

Javier170992's avatar
Jan 31, 2010

So, let's go. This is my first review, and my first review in English, too.

Seitokai no Ichizon, the anime. This anime is an adaptation from Light Novels, who tell the story about some students in the School Council. It's very fun that, in the first episode, the students said that they are recording an anime, like they was actors. The anime do a parody to a lot of otaku elements, like games, manga, another animes, etc...So you'll enjoy more if you know a lot of animes. Well, now I'll go to analyze the story, animation...etc, you know.

STORY (7)

The story is not the principal thing in the anime. When I began to see this anime, I thought that it would be another anime with "slice of life". But I was wrong. The first episodes don't have a story, but while you see more and more, the story continues, and in the last three or four episodes we see a determinate story. This isn't like Lucky Star (I love this anime) whose unique story is the change of season, nothing more.

ANIMATION (8)

Good, very good. The movements are very naturals, and the characters and a lot of things have a good movement, too. Maybe, the only thing who is bad is the hair of the characters, they are poorment animated in some moments (Mafuyu, loves the lacquer, isn't it?). The style of drawing the characters and the scenes are pretty good, however, you'll see the room of the School Council a lot of time (In the end, the anime tell the things that they happen to students in a ROOM)

SOUND (7)

Correct, pretty correct. The seiyuus did a god job with the characters, whose personality is perfectly interpreted by the voice. The shy girl, the serene girl, the hyperactive (and moe) and Sugisaki (a pervert...) The Opening theme is wonderful, the music (Treasure) and the animation. The ending is very funny, with a lot of versions of the same song, even, in one of them, Sakurano sing a song about her (I'm sooo perfect, vote for me! :3) The soundtrack, is acceptable.

CHARACTERS (9.5)

The best of the anime. Without this students the anime have no sense. In the School Council we can find the "prototype" of characters in a lot of animes: The pervert guy, the shy girl (and addicted to videogames, manga...) the "moe-girl", the "Look-I'm-very strong-and-active-girl" and finally, Chizuru, who is strange: Sometimes is very sweet, but he love masochism and torture (Tsundere? I don't think so...)

However, despite the characters could be very "stereotyped", they looks like very real. Sakurano, the "moe-girl" is called to this way by Sugisaki, but she said that she isn't "moe". Mafuyu loves the videogames, RPG and BL, Minatsu is very active, and Chizuru really loves to read. Sugisaki is a real pervert, who plays all the time to eroges. So, in this anime, we found with characters who have a "stereotyped personality" but with some changes and, the most important, their personalities are not extreme (Sakurano isn't the perfect protoype of moé, Chizuru is sweet and cruel sometimes, but she isn't a Tsundere, etc)

So this is the end of the review. I think it could be better, but the language...aw, the language. It doesn't care, I'll try to make another review better (in Spanish or english? I don't know)

9.5/10 characters