Strike Witches Movie - Reviews

Alt title: Strike Witches Gekijouban

Efinate's avatar
Jan 9, 2024

I am gonna be honest this movie was kinda trash and it is the worst content out of the entire series like it was boring as hell, the new character was fking mid,the story was just go there something happened yoshika fixes it they move on and the amount of time this shit happened in this movie is like 5 times in total. Like we get it theh want to show how "kind" miyafuji is like u don't gotta confirm and show that shit again and again. This was one of the main reasons i disliked this movie. Other than that the whole movie was just bad like straight up bad. I would have skipped this movie if i wanted to but it is a main part of the main series so u have to watch it if u want to experience the series as a whole. For me season 1 was mid, season 2 was lit af, season e(i will write after watching), brave witches was also mid because of characters, but the spin off 501 joint fighter and world witches were way better than the actual show.

flaze's avatar
Oct 28, 2012

The movie trailer had me totally convinced that the main setting was Romagna. Then I watched the movie. It's not. lol

From the perspective of a Strike Witches fan, this movie was great. It introduced land Neuroi, normal troops fighting Neuroi, introduced other witches, and did other things to expand the Strike Witches universe for people who don't have access to the semi-canon doujinshi, LN's, and manga. It had the usual amount of panty-shots. The beginning starts off with a couple of nicel animated fights and it was nice to see the 501st again. Also, I don't think I've ever liked Perrine in season 1 or 2 as much as I did in the movie. In S1 she was a b****, in S2 she was still kind of cold but better, and now she is quite likeable. I'm sure her fans would completely disagree with me but that is my opinion. The one thing that really, and I mean REALLY, disappointed me was the ending animation. It was more like a slide show of random backdrops than an animation.

From an objective perspective, some fight scenes looked a little too easily won. Certain scenes seemed like excuses just to give characters other than Yoshika screen time. There is one portion that is definitely a plot device (I am referring to what Sakamoto has in her possession during a battle). The ending was a little abrupt. Most strike witches fans, however, will overlook these problems (as I did), just as how K-On fans did for the K-On movie or the Haruhi fans did for the Haruhi movie. (btw I didn't like the K-On movie that much even though I am a fan of the series) And if you're not a strike witches fan, why watch this, much less read this review in the first place?

The only exception to my statement would be that Yoshika haters may not like this movie because she gets about 75% of the screen time. I will never understand why some people hate her so much.

So anyway, to everyone who reads this, my overall score is biased because I'm a huge fan of the show.

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR: The very end of the movie said TO BE CONTINUED!!! :D I literally jumped for joy when I saw that.

One note to fanfic writers: It is absolutely necessary that you watch this movie if you want to write a fanfic according to the canon universe. There was one detail that has resulted in many fanfics becoming non-canon.