Spice and Wolf II OVA - Reviews

Alt title: Ookami to Koushinryou II: Ookami to Kohakuiro no Yuuutsu

mahius's avatar
Dec 16, 2015

Spice and Wolf 2 OVA is a prequel filler episode for the 2nd season of an adventure fantasy anime with themes of the supernatural and trading/economics set in a fictional medieval setting, based on the light novels written by Isuna Hasekuna. Novels which I've not read. I have included the OVA in my review of Spice and Wolf 2, since it is essentially episode 0 and I watched it all together. It has no spoilers for the season itself.

Please refer to the main review, nothing differs.

Please refer to the main review, nothing differs.

The only characters are Lawrence, Holo and Nora. Once again, please refer to the main review.

I'll stop being lazy for this one, here's a quote:

"The OVA episode is set before season 2 and is commonly known to be ‘episode 0’ of season 2. It is a minor filler episode where Nora joins the two main characters for a meal at an inn, where Holo gets very drunk, ends up ill and needs to be looked after by Lawrence. Older folks might have had experience themselves, having to deal with a drunken friend, I know I have ^_^."

Conclusion

Just watch it alongside the main season before the first episode. Otherwise you may be disappointed and assume it to be a continuation of the story with actual plot. Nah, this is just to chill out.

Family-friendliness Rating: 2/5 Themes of alcohol (lower is better)

Overall Rating: 7.5/10 (higher is better)

aritentd's avatar
Oct 10, 2009

I don't really have much to say about this, my thoughts are basically the same as with the show.

I am happy that this OVA was not a drop in quality like with the Elfen Lied OVA. It has everything you would expect from Spice and Wolf. A must for fans, amusing experience for others.