Shinsei Kamattechan: Ruru's Suicide Show on a Livestream - Reviews

Alt title: Shinsei Kamattechan: Ruru-chan no Jisatsu Haishin

0Venn0's avatar
Jan 31, 2020

Ruru's Suicide Livestream is a music video about a young girls battle with depression and her suicidal thoughts. Some viewers may find the song triggering or disturbing, so I recommend it only to mature audiences. The art styles (as there are multiple) in the video are beautiful, accompanied by a catchy, ironically up-beat song, that's lyrics cause the viewer to empathise with Ruru and how her soul was destroyed by the age of social media. What makes the song even more depressing is the fact that it is based upon a real girl's suicide in 2013, where she livestreamed her death as she jumped from her apartment window, as she wanted to be 'internally famous'.  The video is deeply depressing but may help spread awareness about mental health issues. I personally really sympathise with Ruru and love the bitter-sweet mix of the song. However, it does have dark themes, and may not be suitable for all.

Some1watchinganime's avatar
Aug 9, 2021

This was disturbing once I found the truth. I loved this, and saw this on YouTube before. However, the think that creeped me out and that made me saddened out was that this was based on a true story. I couldn't dance to this or sing to it without feeling bad or regret. This is still good. Try to like it. It's probably what Ruru-chan would've wanted.

5hijima's avatar
Feb 6, 2024

if you cant watch it on youtube due to age restrictions or whatever, watch it on niconico or download it.

very sad that its based off of an actual suicide though. all the art and animation was beautiful and so was the song, even though it does hit hard. i do like the concept of the phone in replacement for the eye as i feel it reprisents something like people who watched her death or of the other.

[rip roro]

I originally watched this when i was 10, i think? [im 13 now] i couldnt remember the name of it until i found it here again.

[reason why i didnt add story rating:based off of real life events, i feel it'd b rude to do this]

zhentic's avatar
Mar 25, 2021

This shinsei kamattechan song is a banger and shows the reality in young suicide, worth a watch.