Servamp - Reviews

Mareep's avatar
Aug 22, 2016

This anime is simply average.

- MC is pretty weak. Well, it isn't good when character is op like Naruto or Natsu, but this weak char can't get much stronger, what I suppose he actually will become in the end. That's the thing. And he just wants to save everyone bcs why not, Imma completely weak but good person. Power of friendship will save us~ (no  more FT things pls)

/ Sound, well, I can't even remember any ost like for example from other animes where ost is quite good and you just remember some or even one of them! But I have to say that opening is quite good.

/ Quite good animation. I like it but there are better one's.

+ dem bishies

+ Kuro stole piece of my heart

+ hot psycho villain

Overall: Nothing special. Anime could focus on another things, themes about vampires and so on, so it could get some quality plot. But what I really liked were the deep thoughts of individual characters. Their stories, their pasts and their deep, confused thoughts. And imo it was really well made (with the ost, video and animation). This is what I really appreciate on this show. So it was quite average "shounen" (I know it actually is shoujo!) but with deeper signs.

Also I think that the end with Tsubaki was quite fast but his 'reason' wasn't that bad.

Sooo, I think I can rise my rating from 4.5 to 5.5 ^^

Jesskat610's avatar
Jan 11, 2017

Well looking at other reviews I was sceptical but I have to put my 2 pence in and say that I absolutely love Servamp, the characters was easily loveable (some have said that mc is weak but i experienced the importance to him) and the storyline kept me hooked, I mostly enjoyed it because it was a vibrant animation with a great take on vampires, I felt it was fresh and the comedy is funny yet mainly a serious storyline. It didn't try to keep my attention with over played fan service. So in saying all that give it a try.

miyane's avatar
Feb 28, 2020

I thouroughly enjoyed this anime. The characters are lovable, the animation is a treat and the premise is interesting. Kuro and Mashiro's respective character depelopments are amazing to witness. Other characters also had an appropriate amount of highlighting which kept the story versatile. I'm usually not a fan of underaged kids going out and about the world fighting and stuff, but nevertheless this one was really good. :)

And honestly blame me biased, but I'm just a sucker for droopy-eyed, nonchalant, yet big-hearted characters. Make them a vampire and part of the seven deadly sins and I'm absolutely sold.

Also, I've made it a habit to not read boring, butthurt reviews before watching the anime. It ruins the experience. I want to form my own opinion based on my own experiences. Reading reviews comes after, only if I feel it's something I would want to do.

A brief psa for whomever it may concern: Just because things didn't play out the way you wanted it to doesn't give you the rights to stomp the anime to the ground while saying e.g. naruto and one punch are the only Good ones. Every single anime has it's flaws and imperfections, and it doesn't mean there can't be people who won't enjoy it.

SIMPLORD's avatar
Jun 13, 2017

This is a great anime and you should definitly watch it! There is some really interesting character development, especially with the mc and Kuro. The mc started off as super weak but grew stronger in the end and Kuro also became stronger. The characters are interesting and likeable, the story is interesting [binged it all in one night], and there's a surplus of unique backstories. I enjoyed the anime so much that I'm actually going to start reading the manga! I really enjoyed this anime and I think you should give it a try!

The opening song is also pretty badass and intense even though the mc is flying on a broom for part of it.

TristeFatum's avatar
Sep 15, 2016

This is a quick review. For the first 8 or nine episodes it was pretty below average in what I usually expect from anime of this genre, the pacing was slow development for the main character was very bland in the begining and there was hardly any actions scenes. Those that did happen only lasted for three or for miniutes tops. It wasn't until the backstory of Lawless was reveiled when I began to feel the story was going somewhere. His backstory was very sad and explains most of what is going on. The fights also got more interesting and started showing elements that really gets the action going. Also I would just like to say that Mahiru and Kuro are badasses when they make their entrance and are a huge improvement from what they were in the begining of the show. Hopefully this series will get a second season that'll showcase more of this kind of character development and action.