Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi: World's Greatest First Love 2 - Reviews

Alt title: Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 2

PoeticHorrorShow5287's avatar
Aug 12, 2014

Oh my God...I think I may have found a new favorite show. Honestly, it really doesn't have much plot. It is slice-of-life and very soapy, but I was seriously addicted during, and really sad when it was over. They could have made like six more seasons and I would have gladly marathoned all of them. I wouldn't mind the love scenes to be a little more risky, but they were all good. I also wanted the uke characters (especially Ritsu) to show a little more vulnerability. All in all, every storyline and set of characters was interesting and emotional to watch. My favorites were Takano and Ritsu for sure. Takano, out of everyone, was my favorite...you hardly know anything about him and yet, you feel like you know him. It was just a very fun and interesting watch.

Story: Picking up where season one left off, we jump right back into the lives of our three pairings (plus a fun one-off of a couple other characters). Each plotline forwarded what the first season started and in the end, I felt like everything I wanted resolved was resolved. The payoff was everything. Also, I heard there's a movie about Yokozawa and that just makes everything better because I liked his character a lot too.

Animation: Gorgeous, as expected. I stated in my review of season 1 that a lot of the characters looked alike and they do. You can tell them apart of course, but a few are strikingly similar. Other than that, the background was lovely and the way the characters were drawn was enchanting.

Sound: Some of the best OST music I've heard yet. Everything was strategically placed to enhance what the viewer and protagonist were going through and I loved it. The voice acting was also very well done. The actors got the emotion across and then some. I was seriously so involved with the stories...even the ones about characters that were relatively new. The beginning and ending themes were okay as well, but the MVP is the OST for sure.

Characters: As I stated earlier, the characters are all lovely. You feel like you know them, even the ones who aren't main. The uke characters all have this very daintly quality to the way the look and the way they act, yet somehow they are all very different and the same goes for the seme characters. They look the brute part, but each is very different. I also loved that they involved you into the lives of some of the minor characters like Yokozawa and Isaka. All the personalities shined in this one.

Overall: I loved this show and Studio Deen also does Junjou Romantica (Which I will be viewing next). I don't know if it will be this good, but this is my first B.L. and my expectations are high now. I enjoy it in fanfiction (destiel&EXO) so I knew I would probably like it in an anime/manga format. With these characters, the music and the fluffy/angsty sortof plot, I have to say, this is up there for me.

9.5/10

Watched Subbed.

MEUMEU's avatar
Apr 9, 2018

A lovely anime if you are new to  yaoi/animes.

The plot was very predictable yet enjoyable to watch!

How come all main characters look the same? they sometimes didn't even bother to change the hair lol Thank god at least the eye colors were different and helped me distiguish the characters.

THE AMOUNT OF ROMANTICIZED ABUSE IN THIS ANIME IS UNREAL! I TOLERATE IT BECAUSE IT IS AN ANIME BUT IF IT WERE A DRAMA I WOULD'VE DROPPED IT IMMEDIATELY.

6/10

khamul's avatar
Nov 13, 2017

I simply love how Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi supports the LGBT community. Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi is the true definition of Shounen-ai anime. However, it is my personal opinion that the plot should be a bit more complex. The only other complaint that I have is that they should have nade more seasons. Overall, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi is an excellent show and I would watch it again and again.

Hanabiko's avatar
Jan 1, 2020

Second season better than the first one, but still barely watchable, in my opinion.

Yogobunny's avatar
Jan 30, 2016

Sekai-ichie Hastukoi is the defenition of a yaoi television series. I've enjoyed watching this anime not only because it supports love between people of the same gender, but it shows us just how much there is of it; we just don't see it. My only complaint is how oblivious characters are to the obvious. I guess Onodera, Kisa and Yoshino are meant to be oblivious to get viewers to want to watch more, but sometimes it feels exagerated. Other than that, no complaints what so ever. If a third one ever comes out, I'll be looking forward to watching it.

7.5/10 animation