Seiyuu's Life!

Alt title: Sore ga Seiyuu!

Add review
Aradeid's avatar
Oct 11, 2015

One of the most honest work like anime I've ever seen. It hides nothing, it shows the work of a Seiyuu from its dark and ugly as well as bright and cheerful perspective.

I never felt this characteristic before, but now that I have a base of comparison (Hayate no Gotoku by the same author) I can tell, this anime knows where it is going, it knows what it wants to do.

This anime has a fine mix of story and educational value. Normally one of the 2 would lack, making the anime inconsistent (as far as my experience goes), but this anime shows both in a steady amount. I was able to learn a lot about the seiyuu's work field, without getting bored fromt he story.

A very good watch. Not even a second felt wasted, no filler material.

The characters were lovable, I was able to feel their pain even knowing that I would never end up in the same situation as them.

Valdius's avatar
Sep 7, 2016

An exceptionally strong anime overall. The story follows a trio of Japanese voice actresses attempting to break into the industry, and shows a utterly fascinating behind-the-scenes glimpse of how that industry works. Strong characters that you can relate to and feel for, high quality animation, and suitably brilliant voice work leave this as a seriously compelling story. In truth, my only complaint is that there isn't more of it...much much more.