Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles - Reviews

Alt title: Seirei Gensouki

Sailnir's avatar
Aug 11, 2021

Your perfectly average Isekai in every way, this is reinforced by Rio looking like Kirito in the op, except that the MC is better written than most* (some). If that peaks your interest, give it a shot.

The Isekai that I would first compare this to is Rising of Shield Hero because we have our fellow from another world treated like crap by those around him. The difference is that Rio doesn't turn so bitter. That is a really nice change in my oppinion. Also he goes with temorary harems... take that as you will.

The story is fair so far. It isn't the most original premise. Character who comes from here uses the skills he already learned to make it elsewhere with the addition of special magic that he has because we need our character to be special. What is really nice though is that he isn't a prideful guy at all. He acts well and that makes him likeable. Thank goodness because we focus on him almost the entire time. The side characters are fairly well written too, however the more minor the character the less well written they are.

Animation is par for the course I would say. Nothing to special and occasionaly there are less than stellar moments. I wish shadow colors were more vibrant. It would give the overall scene a nice pop. Action scenes could also be given better direction.

Sound track is also par for the course although the music before the end of each episode is a little too exciting sounding in some episodes, like when he's walking down a hall and we queue the electric guitar because walking is exciting.

I may be looking really nit picky here but honestly it's a fair show. Check it out and enjoy it would be my recommendation.

update: writing takes a hit. Still check it out if you are interested.

Ryuga10's avatar
Aug 27, 2021

BLAND, thats the entire series and mc summarised in one word

it is your tyoical isekai, dude dies , gets re incarnated in another world with op powers. this one here followes the trope of a non royal dude getting into a royal acdemy for the noble. so like always he is bullied and stuff bla bla bla.

the mc has zero personality, he has his momemnts but those are far and wide and why the hell does that 16ish year old look like a freaking kid of 10 years old(the female tr)

story is pretty bad and the pace ,akes it very booooooring

the mc looks just like kirito from SAO

it is again ur tyoical isekai but with less an service( which may or may not be a let down)

watch it only if u r severly starved of crappy content

4.5/10 overall
Omiii's avatar
Aug 20, 2021

If you aren't a total newbie to anime DO NOT watch this.

I'm not going to say it's bad, because it's not. But is it so hard to be original? I get it there's a thousand, million, however many animes out there but to take such basic things precisely over? COME ON!!

It's a new anime, still releasing episodes. It seems like the creators don't know where to go with the story and are just blindely adding elements from other HIGHLY MAINSTREAM anime.

If you can look past all the copy-paste, and have absolutely nothing else to watch you could enjoy it.

It only got 6/10 rating and 3 stars because it still parked some curiosity within me. There's an underlying semi-original and creative story somewhere in there. We'll see if I actually end up finishing this.

Honestly it could be a hit or miss for the general public, but for me (I already have a wonnky relationship with mainstream anime) this is definitely something I have to clench my teeth for and bite through. When all episodes are released I'll pick it back up and try to finish it.

I'll possible edit my review. As this is my first one ever, and I'm just trying to put my opinion out there (I could've been a little harsh, I get high on emotion) don't come at me too hard, okay? We all have opinions! I respect yours and am just sharing mine (:

Have a good day!

Animeplayer's avatar
Aug 28, 2021

The animation is kinda sticky and the sound is kinda late

Crua9's avatar
Aug 17, 2021

This has some good moments, but most of it is a seen it type of thing. Like most of the show has been done so many times in the past that I seriously doubt anything this show does will make it stand out. Like it has a

• OP main person
  • After a given point he takes on the same look at the SOA jacket and what not
  • At points he has a ton of girls going after him
  • A girl he isn't realted to and just found calling him big brother
  • side people who don't like the main or love him to death

Some eps are far worse than others, but it might be at least worth as a time kill.

5.5/10 overall