Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It

Alt title: Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei Shitemita

Add review
Makise030's avatar
Feb 1, 2020

Well,  we have seen lovers proving their love in various ways.  For example : they buy eachother gifts,  they spend time with eachother, they sacrifice for eachother etc.

But proving your love for someone scientifically.....is something different.  It also makes sense to me cause um a 'science type'.

I'm really into this anime. Looking forward to read the manga also.

The comedy is good enough to fix your mood but not extreme which I guess is necessary for maintaining the romance quality.

And for the characters, the protagonists are insane, dude.  Don't compare them with other couples.  They are cute.

Crua9's avatar
Jan 27, 2020

To be honest, this might not be bad if you're into love stories and if you don't care about if they are realistic about main things (like science and school). But for me, I found this to be a bit boring. The overall story is OK, but you can see what will happen a mile away. The "science" behind things is OK, but amature hour. Like if they were 3rd graders then OK. But they are trying to measure love.

Well, there has already been studies in this. They never get into what love really is and how to measure it. In the real world, our brains use dopamine as a reward chemical. Over time what causes it has to be increased in order to keep the feel good feeling going on. But what has been found is just by showing a picture of someone that you love, your dopamine levels increase. This even happens in dogs. Then you have brain activity which shows it, tolerance of their faults, and so on.

They are trying to measure if you love someones by heart level, temp, and other things like that. Things that a virus can produce, or some other thing like childhood trama.

I mean this isn't a bad show to teach someone the basics of science. Like how to make a theory, testing it, and so on. But it doesn't really cover that in detail, and I have my doubts that the majority who are into romance anime will care deeply about that in the first place.

5.5/10 overall
Amlew's avatar
Jan 11, 2020

this show explores "Love" in a very interesting way, I would definitly recommend this to people who like romcoms otherwise you might not be able to enjoy this series to its fullest. As of episode 3, I would say that this show is a double edge sword, on one side it's comedy gold whilst on the other its teaching me stuff. Anyway I'm gonna stick with it because of how it brings diversity to the pool of shows I'm watch.