Sakura Trick

Sakura Trick
Add review
Prizemaster's avatar
Mar 9, 2020

it's a yuri show BY DEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ascloudsremain's avatar
Feb 25, 2020

i started watching this show because of a certain gif that i found funny then when i actually watched it,it was the most boring thing i've ever watched the amount of unnecessary kissing in this show is not normal.

the story is nothing special the animation is the strongest feature i'd say along with the sound but i couldn't care less about the characters it was so bland.

the only reason i finished it was because it was only twelve eps. if you're into shows like this then go ahead and watch it if you're not then don't waste your time.

6.5/10 animation
3.2/10 characters
2.5/10 overall
PenguVoid's avatar
Feb 12, 2020

A more Casual Anime with a focus more set on the main characters rather then the story which is a welcome change of pace in my Opinion.

The Main characters (Haruka and Yu) are both really cute an it's basically just a story about them stumbling into love without really noticing it themselves. It's definetly something one needs to like and i can see where this anime can put off people as there is not really a line to follow and more just you watching them getting closer to each other.

So it's basically just watching a to be lesbian couple and i loved it! <3

CyK0h's avatar
Jul 5, 2018

Sakura Trick is a show which story is completely based on kissing moments and it starts from there.

The two main characters Yuu and Haruka seem just like complete suck ups to me, they annoyed me quite a while. Some other characters I did like, they were funny and likeable, idk look for yourself.

The story itself got me bored and after episode 7, I was just completely watching because I oh so wanted to finish another anime and not leave the story hanging.
The ending was quite a dissapointment for me but all in all, one character I did like did get a good ending, I guess. I'm sticking with what I said. The show did give me some laugh moments but meh, that's all it was good for.

Conclusion: a line I agree with that user "Rifunger" said on their review:
"Don't watch this show, never. Not even when you just want to watch some shit to just chill out or to kill some time because you don't have anything to do or something else to watch. There are a lots of series that are way better to go with."

Herondal3's avatar
Feb 28, 2018

Loved it. A favourite for sure. Made of many cute moments.

Saral's avatar
May 7, 2017

It's very cute I like the friendship between everyone!

but I don't know how I feel about when they kiss 😘

the art style is very cute, the characters are funny and adorable my favorite character is probably Kotone Noda I love her.

overallalright

interregnum's avatar
Sep 7, 2016

Sakura Trick is built around two high school girls kissing each other. Like, almost exclusively.

It, um…it would not have been my first choice. Narratively. But that’s what they went with.

And, perhaps unsurprisingly, the kissing is what really works about this show. Every kiss looks and feels…real: the anticipation, the rush of adrenaline, the warmth, the thrill, the little despair at stopping—and, yes, even the pressing together of lips. And it’s hard not to get caught up in those moments, to fall just a little bit in love with each stolen kiss.

But kissing isn’t storytelling, and kissing isn’t a story. And story is where Sakura Trick sort of loses its way.

Sort of.

See, we all know a kiss is never just a kiss, but, for a good portion of the show, that’s kind of how the kissing is treated. Which is not to say it is treated casually, by any means, or that it isn’t at the forefront (in some sense) of the action. But it is just sort of…there.

No matter how focused one character or another is on getting to their next secret kiss, there doesn’t seem to be much weight given to the fact of the kisses, to the potential significance of the kisses, to what the continued wanting to kiss might actually mean to the girls doing the kissing. It basically takes until the final couple of episodes for the main characters to really address—even to themselves, it seems—what incessantly trading kisses with each other actually might mean for them. It certainly wasn’t necessary that the show be a deep exploration of the nature of blossoming girl-on-girl romance, but it would have been meatier and more compelling, I think, if the main characters had been at least as curious about what they were doing as some tertiary characters were.

So, yeah, kissing isn’t a story. Doesn’t mean it’s not entertaining, though.

There are laughs to be had, throughout the show, and the characters are, in and of themselves, likeable enough. But the typically typical stuff that fills in around the kissing doesn’t bring much to the table you haven’t seen done better elsewhere, and the fairly nondescript characters don’t do much to help that stuff bring the little that it does. Again, it’s all likeable enough, but the filler and characters both clearly rely on your investment in the kissing to forgive their indistinctiveness. Which, again, makes sense, because the kissing is what makes the show work.

That said, even the best kissing won’t keep you around forever. But for 12 episodes? I guess it depends on how much you like kissing.

5.8/10 overall
lol4999's avatar
May 2, 2016

The best way for me to describe this anime is

A cutesy anime with quirky not well rounded characters and a quite empty plot.

Even though it may sound negative what i just said, i did still quite enjoy the anime. Even if most of the time i am not that into Yuri.

One thing that i must say is that the characters have very over exaggerated emotions. Like Haruka who is extremely jealous, and how Yuu is quite childish. If you are easily bothered by unrealistic displays of emotions then definetly don't watch this anime, since 65% of the anime is just that.

The soundtrack isn't anything special either. Just the typical sounds and music of a shoujo anime. So it doesn't really gain any points there either.

And if you are wondering about the story itself, then read the synopsis. Since the story and the synopsis are pretty much exactly the same. It's very simple topics that also accur in other shoujo anime. Like the cultural festival, or the nervousness surrounding the end or beginning of a new school year.

If you like cute, pure shoujo anime. And if you don't mind alot of kissing scenes then i would recommend it if you havo time to spare.

5.5/10 sound
6.7/10 overall
JJMANWOOF's avatar
Jul 19, 2015

This was my first Yuri anime, other than Sound! Euphonium (which is shojo-ai no matter what anyone else says). It wasn't that bad but you really can't take it too seriously. This is just a fun little anime about two friends exploring their relationship with each other.

The story is practically nonexistant but that's okay honestly, this anime has other aspects that makes up for it. Each episode is just a combination of two stories that have to do with these two girls. These stories don't really relate to each other much but they're funny and nice to watch. One thing that pissed me off beyond belief was the unresolved character arc between two of the girls in the show. I'm not going to spoil it but this arc was the only unique arc in this show and to see it unresolved was dissapointing. But hopefullly there will be a second season and, even if there's not, there's always fanfiction.

The animation in this show is probably the best thing it has going for it. It's so cute and the characters look really nice. The animation used these white circles sometimes and it was a nice style but felt cheap sometimes. It wasn't anything too bad though.

The opening song for this anime was amazing. It is so catchy and I still have it stuck in my head now. And the voice acting was really good too, I have no complaints. The only sounds I didn't really like were the corny sound effects. They wouldn't be that much of a problem if they weren't used so much.

The characters in this show were dissapointing. They just didn't feel real to me and a lot of them just had one quality that made up just about their whole personality. And there is like no development even though it's about girls going into high school and experimenting with their sexualities. They're all cute though so it's whatever.

Overall if you're looking for cute little stories between girls then look here. If you're looking for Yuri with a high quality story look somewhere else.

8.5/10 animation
cthulhumythulhu's avatar
Jan 11, 2015

I picked this one out because I wanted to find a yuri for my friend and I to watch since I was interested to see how the genre played out as was she. This was well...kinda ridiculous. There really isn't a plot, it's really just cute girls doing cute girl things, and that really grates on my nerves pretty easily.

There is a lot of kissing, as the two main characters use it to make their friendship special and unique to their other relationships. So that's a plus i guess? I dunno. Me and my friend wanted to make a drinking game out of it to be honest.

The characters are really annoying, except of course the two straight men (ahem girls) who don't get enough screen time. The pink haired girl is ridiculously jealous and possesive it's evolving into obsessive stages, it makes her character really unlikable, I mean of course your friend will have other friends, that's how life works. Stop crying and get yourself some new friends as well. geez. Whatever, I know it's supposed to be a way to shoehorn in a romance.

Overall this isn't a horrible show, honestly I've seen worse, but it is pretty boring, and the yuri genre in general isn't my thing. I would recommend it as a simple, innocent story, to fans who like those types of things.

EllieSaysRawr's avatar
Dec 1, 2014

This anime is going on my favourites list

- It's hilarious and there's something to laugh at in every episode

- The kisses are just perfect and beautiful and they lift your heart

- The art style is absoloutely beautiful

Seriously if you like Yuri cute funny anime you should give it a try.

Rifunger's avatar
Apr 2, 2014

This show is just plain bullshit. It's just made of random kisses and so much stupidness, i can't believe it.
I'm not joking, really. Romance is one of my favorite genres and I'm not antipathetic towards yuri either but while watching this show i was always thinking why i don't drop this show already. It's just really stupid and dumb.

Conclusion: Bullshit.
Nuff said

0.5/10 overall
RingoStarr1991's avatar
Apr 2, 2014

***This is a spoiler free review***

Sakura Trick is ummm hmmm. This show completely goes all out with no intent of looking back at what will go down in history of what Yuri Yuri almost was.

Story: 2/10

Look; there is no story. Every episode just helps each character get closer to the one they love. This anime focuses on a group of high school girls that are starting to form affection for another female. This topic is pretty iffy with some people (not me) and in other anime the line has never really been fully crossed in terms of what happens affection (physical affection) wise. Sakura Trick says fu$# that, these bit%$es be horny as a motherf#@%er, time to get down. My jaw almost hit the floor in the beginning episode as I witnessed the main couple really get into their feelings. In other Yuri shows there is a hint of restraint and blackout scenes are used when needed. In Sakura Trick no such thing exists since when the time comes, you see all the affection. I was quite flabbergasted that they went into such detail on some of the scenes (again it didn't bother me I was just literally awestricken).

But plot wise it is just a slice of life so it moves quite slow. You see the same gags in each episode so you might get a little bored with the same cycle over and over and over again.

Animation: 7/10

Not too bad actually. The character models look pretty good and there seemed to be a pretty smooth frame rate throughout the entire show. The use of light colors really matched the carefree feeling of the show.

Sound: 5/10

Average performance, average soundtrack, subpar opening and ending songs.

Characters: 4/10

Again pretty average by my standards. There are some somewhat touching scenes later on but I never really felt totally invested. The characters worked well with each other and helped form some funny scenes here and there but it wasn't really a knock-it-out-of-the-park performance.

Overall: 4.5/10

This show is just really average. If you are into Yuri stuff then you will love this show. However if you are looking for substance, comedy, or character development be ready to be pretty disappointed. It is though very very very kawaii.

Enjoyment: 4/10

Thanks for reading my review! If you liked my writing style, would like to see some other reviews, or just want to talk, please stop by my page!

Sincerely,