Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai: The Clouds Gather - Reviews

Alt title: Twittering Birds Never Fly

ShiroHatake's avatar
Sep 12, 2020

I have been a follower of the manga for quite a while now, and I must say this movie exceeded my expectations for the film. The film stays very true to the tone and intensity of the source material. I expected the sexual content to be heavily edited but was pleasantly surprised how the scenes weren't watered down. While there are no genitals shown in the film basically everything else is. The animation is beautiful. The coloring and the art style really brought the original art to a whole new level. The soundtrack compliments the tone of the film so well, using jazz as the genre was perfect. This movie is set to be the first of a three-part trilogy, so the movie's ending leaves you wanting more, but it does end at a good stopping point in the overall story. Please be aware if you are not familiar with the source material that this is a dark, explicit, and mature themed film. There are depictions of child sexual abuse in the movie, the scenes are short but are present in the film twice. This film makes me excited not only for the rest of the trilogy but other projects that Blue Lynx will produce because the film quality was so high.

calciumomo's avatar
Nov 6, 2020

Absolutely beautiful! ♡ I've been following this BL for like 6 years now, so, i can proudly say it's pretty well adapted to the point of being a great surprise! (I was really worried of getting a bad quality movie since this BL is such a staple story for me).

I can't think of any seiyuus more qualified for this job, every one fits perfectly with the character. The background music was fitting as well and the ending song made me cry like a little b?tch! ♡

I wholeheartedly encourage you to start the manga from the beginning so you can enjoy every little detail that couldn't get into the movie!. So, overall a pretty solid movie, i'm so excited for the second part! ♡

9.5/10 animation