Re:ZERO: Starting Life in Another World - Memory Snow - Reviews

Alt title: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Memory Snow

KuroNeko8997's avatar
Jun 7, 2020

So, i liked this special more than the Frozen bonds, for multiple reasion, firstly in my opinion it has a better story, more content and a overall better setting. The fact that we saw all of the main charactars come together and doing something nice is much better than a bit of emilias backstory, from frozen bonds. I generally like this special and its a nice extra for the fans, in the 68 minutes. a overall good special episode and i would recommend it for everyone that watched Re:ZERO.

SavannahPanda3's avatar
Dec 8, 2019

Spoiler Free:

I didn't really like this movie but I think the biggest reason why is because of the really bad translation for the subtitles. Nearly every other sentence didn't make sense and it just really ruined trying to get into the movie.

It was, however, a nice and relaxing time in their world but it wasn't what I was expecting and I was kind of disappointed, but also kind of happy to see a break from all the drama.

The characters were cute in this and it did involve the townspeople at one point and even had a cute competition but while they were cute nothing special happened with any of them... we did get to understand a little bit more about mana through Puck though.

There wasn't much of a plot and I felt like too much time was devoted to not drinking alcohol, though I think the reasoning that the plot was weak was because the conflict was also kind of weak.

There isn't any romance, or epic battles, or comedy.

I guess if you just really, really want to see this movie then go ahead.

I would, however, be willing to give this anime another try if an English dubbed version, came out, maybe parts of it would make more sense.

ChristianDeo's avatar
Jun 23, 2021

I really enjoyed the different vibe this movie put out. Compared to the episodes, the movie takes a break from Subaru's unbearable and seemingly neverending pain and trauma. Everyone seemed so happy, not to mention getting to see drunk Emilia and Rem was refreshing to see because of how funny it was.

It was nice getting to see a more positive side of every character, even Ram and Beatrice, who aren't normally in a good mood to talk, especially to Subaru. There's no significant plot progression, so if you don't watch, you won't be confused at all. Watch this movie and see Subaru take a well-deserved break.