Add review
PurplePeopleEater's avatar
Aug 7, 2015

This show is pretty messed up, and yet I marked the date of the next episode like many other less messed up animes airing this season. Despite it's obvious turn offs and all, or perhaps because of these, it catched my interest.

While I'm not against giving a good kick in the balls to any guy who deserves it, this anime goes a bit too far. Five guys attened a previously all girls school hoping to get girlfriends and maybe a bit more. Unfortunately for them, the girls aren't interested. In fact, they pretty much ignore the existance of the guys. One night, like boys often do in anime, they decided to go peeping on the girls in the bath and, like usual, things don't go the way they planned. The boys get caught and are dealt with by a group called the underground student council who makes it their goal to punish disgusting boys. The council throws the boys into a prison like building in the middle of campus and from then on, their days consist of hard labor, watching their classes on a monitor, beatings and torture, and of course some crazy antics. The beatings are rather extreme and are given for small things. The boys are treated like prisoners and not allowed to have things like magazines, phones, etc.

The story is rather messed up in just how far these women go with punishments and the whole prison thing. I actually feel a bit bad for the guys. They are high school boys. They are going to do perverted stupid stuff. A good whacking is one thing, but prison and harsh beatings is a bit much.

The animation isn't too kind either. It's harsh, dirty, and unforgiving. It's doesn't make anyone look particularly good and it definately doesn't make the guys more appealing. Only one of the guys, the main character, even looks half decent. The big one has the weirdest most unrealistic face of all that just annoys me whenever I see him.

I can't say much about the opening or ending because I just skipped it.

The characters fit the story well and vice versa. Each one is different. It's only the fourth episode in, but none of them are well developed yet. We only really know extra about two of the guys.

Overall, I'm giving this a 7.5. I can't really place my finger on why I like this anime. It's perverted. It's harsh. It's unrealistic. The animation isn't really appealing. The story isn't amazing. Sometimes it feels like some BDSM thing. The characters aren't very relatable to me. Still, for some reason, I still want to see the next episode. It caught my interest. I give a 7.5 because I don't know why I want to keep watching it. There isn't anything super special about it.

However, if you can't deal with pee and poop, you may not like this.

InstantReplay's avatar
Jul 25, 2015

Everyone now and then I cannot fully review a show because it has a very narrow appeal. Prison School is one of those shows.

If you're into BDSM, seeing boys get the shit kicked out of them, or ecchi, then Prison School is for you. There's very little to this show outside its insane, wacky humor, so if you want something with a little more substance, i.e., actual characters you can relate to and a decent plot, then I advise you look elsewhere.

lasagneboy's avatar
Oct 6, 2015

Not much to say about this anime, it's simply amazing, only a bit to much ecchi and weird scenes, but all the comedy makes it good. Story in unique and amazing, really hoping for a second season, which i know will come. The animation, and the faces the characters make in some of the situations, is just amazing, only this was enough for me to laugh my ass off. Adré, gakuto and the chairman, they are just hilarious. I really recommend it for people who like comedy and ecchi, but for people who don't like weird cartoony scenes, i recommend you to still watch it.

PandaBeard's avatar
Jul 25, 2015

This anime is a highly stylized, filthy, and unapologetic one. Highlighting not only a sense of realism in the world of fetish, but doing so with a sense of humor.

Engokuki's avatar
Nov 11, 2015

Storyline... trying to live normal highschool lives and try not to get expelled while being targeted by girls who dont want men at their school. Events and circumstances around each makes for a hilarious and semi-perverted entertainment. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.

They are all awesome characters, from the shino hooded, bug lover Jouji Nezu to the troll face, buddha, masochist Reiji Andou. All are unique and have something to add to the team, cept for Shingo who is just a pretty boy. After learning about them.. I cant say they would do well in a normal school enviroment.

While some parts were boring, most of it was good. Enough for me to rate this up with my top fav animes. Wish i could rate this higher and pray for next season!!!