Princess Connect! Re: Dive - Reviews

DawnHibiki's avatar
Sep 9, 2020

Before I got into the series, I looked at the cast of characters, and they look really nice and appealing. A lot of them are voiced by the seiyuus from my favorite idol series, The [email protected], and it's one of the reasons why I decided to check out this anime. Then I watched the whole season of it, and I've been very pleased on how this isekai anime has turned out. This anime was made by the same director who made KonoSuba, though unlike KonoSuba, Princess Connect Re:Dive is more like a Slife-of-Life Isekai rather than an Action Isekai, and it doesn't have much of a story. However, it doesn't mean that it isn't an entertaining, funny show, as it doesn't have to be exactly like KonoSuba. Not to mention the animation looks really gorgeous, and this anime is based off of the mobile game, which is an RPG with a lot of colorful characters.

The best part of the series are the characters, because most of the characters, if not all, are really charming, especially the main trio girls who are Pecorine, Kokkoro, & Karyl, who all have their unique personalities. Pecorine is the genki girl who loves to eat food, Kokkoro who's a stoic girl and cares for her lord Yuuki, and Karyl, who is the tsundere neko, and gets angry with her friends do stupid things. Even the main guy Yuuki who's been quiet most of the time has had great, funny moments. My favorite episode is episode 8 where the girls went to the beach and find food, and my gosh, Pecorine looked gorgeous with her swimsuit. The voice acting is very well done, particularly M.A.O., Miku Itou, and Ricca Tachibana who all have done an outstanding job. Overall, I recommend the anime for fans of isekai if you don't mind the lack of much plot.

MuffinsKopp's avatar
Jun 7, 2020

If you want to watch something soothing and relaxing, easy on your soul, this is it.

This series main focus is to evoke a sense of nostalgia by portraying the childlike innocence of youth, exploring a dreamy- colorful fantasyworld, with a very slow and non-serious pace.

Don't watch this thinking there is going to be actual plot, this is at most an artistic expression of trying to convey said feelings. And it does a very good job doing so.

The animation is beautiful, you will be blasted with a world of colors and good feels, voiceacting is superb. OP/ED songs are extremely nice to the ears too, and fit perfectly for the fantasy world portrayed on the screen, similiar to Konosuba in that sense.

As for the characters in the series, they are basically just children. That's it. How crazy is that?

TL;DR

It's basically an artist, funded by a game-company, using the money on everything exept advertisement.

And it's glorious!

TheRogueNob's avatar
Jun 30, 2020

Guys and girls it's finally over the OxO has finished its season. The new and improved anime face will hopefully been seen again and used well RIP.

But for real reconnect is okay don't expect anything crazy good it's a game made into an anime, and it's not as good as grandblue. I'll be brief since there isn't much to say

first the animation is pretty good vibrant colors and fluid animation give the show probably some of the best lively art style I've seen in a while. The cg isn't to intrusive either when it rarely comes around.

sound is OxO meaning it's okay does nothing outstanding hence the 6

The characters are okay Karyl (cat girl), and kokko (priest girl) are the best out of the bunch. But the side characters is where most of the comedy comes out.

story is weak I could be a beginning of the game I don't know I don't know this game but a weak story is weak

Your really here for the comedy and crisp animation if you feel yourself getting bored by 3/4 then drop it otherwise chill out and watch strangely one of the more interesting shows this season(since COVID canceled so many of them)

8.5/10 animation
K6WAII's avatar
Jul 1, 2020

WELCOME TO MY FIRST REVIEW!

This review is mostly spoiler-free, so do not fret! Let's get into it.

STORY

The plot was well-put, the stories connected well. However some things did not make sense, I still liked it. Also, the 2nd final EP made me sad in some parts, which made me like it more.

It was like a magical story.

ANIMATION

Animations were unique + adorable, and I loved how the facial expressions were so creative sometimes. The magic animations looked very beautiful and I loved how intense it was!

SOUND

Pretty good, sounded magical. I loved the animation sounds plus how they organized everything. It had such a fun sequence and was nice.

CHARACTERS

Ahhhhhh. Characters. The best thing in this anime! My favorite one was Pecorine and Christina because of their personalities. Pecorine had such a bubbly personality which I loved most about her. She's the character I relate most to tbh. For Christina, I loved her sinister attitude so much. It added a good pop to the plotline!! All characters stayed true to the plot and I sincerely love the guild stuff as well.

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, this lands on a 9.75 numbered ranking! The company did a swell job on the anime, and I hope to see a new season come to light with this anime.

9.8/10 overall
Shampoliny's avatar
Jul 24, 2020

Basically a child show.
The first episodes was leading up to something interesting and funny, but after that it all went downhill with some funny momments.

I watched this cause someone compared it with Konosuba, eventhough there was a major red flag ''based of a mobile game''
And i keept on watching to see if the story would develope to something good, but nah the ending was shit.

The story is all over the place and doesnt lead up to anything.
The characters are ok-

Overall i will compare this to ''i am the eight child'' had an interesting start, but nothing more then that.
(sorry for any misspeling or wrong grammars)