Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 - Reviews

TheRogueNob's avatar
Apr 1, 2022

this one is going to be really fast so strap in first for a second season show im guessing most people dont need persuasion to watch or not but here you are reading this so lets get to it.

first sound/music is good but not crazy. the animation is inconsistent but also AMAZING where it counts so big props they did a great job.

the character are.... annoying yeah every single one is a cliche or super overdone sterotype and the 1st season was fine becasue there wasnt as much high pitched screaming but this one HOLY SHIT ive heard less banshee screams in a horror movie at a theater or a roller coaster , You get the idea.

the story is way WAY to incosistent with the actualy cohesivness of the storytelling all i knew was hot foxy lady was bad and hated a bunch of kids for some reason and princess girl had no kindgom anymore, the daily side stuff was more enjoyable to watch and reminded me of konosuba a little bit.

but a big no no is annoying your viewers and also leaving them confused on what the hell is going on yeah i get its for kids ,i think?, that deosnt excuse whack story telling.

to kick you out as fast as you came in for a season 2 at least it finished the storyline (not really satisfying though) and for someone who doenst play the game but watched the first season and found it funny,i really wasnt having this one especially near the end  okay thats it hope this helped make a decision thanks for the read have a good day!

EspionCharles's avatar
Mar 29, 2022

This is really an underate anime.

Okay the story is sometimes a little too childish and the contrast between the serious and the funny is a little mismanaged, but the story is very good.

The animation is really beatifull and I have nothing much to say.

The sounds are satisfactory especially for the fights.

The characters are good but I'm not a fan of them except for Kokoro who is so cute.

This a nice anime but really underate and I enjoyed watch this.

8.3/10 overall
Wellker's avatar
Jun 10, 2022

Just like the story for Season 1, its simple & cliche, yet i keep coming back to it. Just like the main characters, the story is simple, yet it never fails to put a smile on my face, to still feel happy for them.

I personally feel like this should be how fantasy stories are told, simple and enjoyable, to immerse yourself in another world, in characters dealing with different problems instead of the story correlating with real problems or whatever.

---Anime---
The studio that made this did a fantastic job, from the visuals to the sound tracks, it was wonderfully executed.

-Visuals are colourful when it need to convey hope, and dimmer, duller (singular colours) when there's sorrow involved.
-Sound design reminds me of One punch man season 1's sound design, with power bass boosts amping up the power of the hits instead of needing the visual team to overclutter the screen to show power
-Music - they really like their opening, we see it used in emotional scenes and fighting scenes (different intrumental versions) which reminded me of how the digimon series uses music tracks, which is another thing that's nicely done by the studio.

Overall, it took a lot of good aspects of the other animes and utilised it all in this anime, to tell a simple feel good story.

DGFischer's avatar
Mar 19, 2022

The climax is at hand.  The true princess (Pecorine, who is really Princess Eustania) and the pseudo-ruler (Insight, who holds the realm through delusionary magic) are looking each other eye-to-eye.  Two more episodes to go and tensions are high already!

The first season concentrated strongly on the four members of the Gourmet Guild (Pecorine, Yuuki, Kokkoro, and Karyl) while tossing in a few extra characters who would make some impact.  Other than a few with impressive chest size (I'm not talking about that dullard Ikachi) ... meh.  In the second season, the secondary characters come on with a flurry, as if their backstories fill a void.  And these characters are mostly female.  Not complaining, just noticing.  Girls of cat-like and elfin backgrounds.  Minstrel girls with mission to save the realm.  Girls connected to the royal guard who figure that the realm needs saving.  Civic minded girls who work to remove the blight on the realm.  Face it, with Kaiser Insight on the throne, there is no future, other than oblivion for the good people of Landsol.

Not that we have forgotten the original quartet of the Gourmet Guild.  Pecorine has broken the amnesia spell and realizes she is the land's true princess and has discovered powers that make her a formidable fighter.  Karyl, on the other hand, proves to be Insight's agent to keep an eye out on the few people who could remove the usurper.  More so, Karyl is the Kaiser's magical tool to inflict annihilation on the royal city.  Her loyalty is strained as Karyl sees the misery such power can produce.  Kokkoro remains Yuuki's trusted servant, but her magical powers are just beginning to burst.  And Yuuki ... that hopeless amnesiac who found himself is Landsol.  We are starting to see that the young man is quite gallant (notice how his cape is starting to flutter in the breeze much like Superman's?).  The reset that re-arranged existence is now being challenged, and the rest of the season promises fireworks.

Fireworks would be dazzling in the animation technique used in season two.  Talk about 'burying the needle!"  The battle sequences are blaring as the heroes battle the shadow minions of Insight.  There is an M. C. Escher quality to the art which confuses dimensions as the story advances.  I'm just sorry that A-P won't let me give this score an '11' (though it deserves a ‘20’ IMHO).  The music blends well with the theme of uncovering the mystery of the four characters recovering from the after-effects of magical amnesia.

Thoughts of a third season depend on how things fall in these next two episodes.  I can't say if I'm in the 'resolution now' camp or 'third season, please!' group, but I enjoyed the crazy ride up this point.  All I can say is, Go, Gourmet Guild Go!

sponssanime's avatar
Sep 2, 2022

Literally the best anime that i have ever watched. The sound effects made my pants wet