Pokemon: Pikachu and Pichu - Reviews

Alt title: Pokemon: Pichu to Pikachu

KiwiFlakes's avatar
May 14, 2016

I enjoyed watching this as a kid so much. I even watched it maybe a few months ago and still just as good of a experiance when I was a kid. It defianatly is ment for a children audiance but as a adult now I still enjoy it to this day. I recomend it to any Pokefans out there. :P

DuskFey's avatar
Jul 15, 2010

Anime in 200 Words: Pokemon: Pikachu and Pichu

Premise: It’s a Pokemon short, so as usual, the premise can be summed up in 4 words- Pikachu does something cute.

Story: Ash, Misty, and Brock are busy in the city, so they do what any responsible kid with monsters would do: set everything loose and walk away. Pikachu wanders off, meets a couple of Pichus, and the three of them go play at a pokemon clubhouse.

Confrontations: Things can’t go smoothly for Pikachu, who is a fighting monster after all, but things end up turning out ok, as per the norm for Pokemon. There are no serious battles in this short, as the humans are only featured from the waist down.

Cute Factor: Teamwork, music, dancing pokemon… it’s not the dance of the Bellossom or anything, but fans of the softer side of Pokemon should be satisfied with the cute quota.

Dialogue: Pika! Pika-pi! Pichu! Pi pi! Chu? Pika-chu! Yeah… lots of that. Unless you’re trying to study emotional expression without language, you won’t find anything here. With that being said, it’s a Pokemon short, so that’s probably not your focus.

Overall: It’s neuron-killing poke-flavored fluff; what else can I say?