Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials

Alt title: OreImo 2 Specials

Add review
Gzerble's avatar
Feb 13, 2015

... and here is where the studio chickened out.

If you've reached this far into Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai then you know what the inevitable conclusion was. They tease with it a bit, but in the end, the studio didn't do it.

This is where the entire plot goes down the drain. Character development becomes irrelevant. There is a conclusion that would be brave in mainstream anime, and the studio cowers rather than try and be that audacious. Don't get me wrong, I'd be disturbed myself from that, but I'd also cheer for it. In the end, the entire second season was pushing to it, ruining the spirit of the first season by going hard towards the goal, and the specials pull out just before completion.

Ahrionic's avatar
Nov 20, 2014

Well these eps were part of the actual ending to the series right? Btw this is probably a SPOILER if anything. But it was great till the ending, which in my opinion was extremely fucking frustrating. honestly to have all this built up emotion about those 2 and just having it end like nothing happen is frustrating. i know why it ended like that, i read that apparently to save face of the animation company they would deny a full incest ending, but in my mind kyousuke and kirino are just forever together. this is more like a mini rant then a review haha sorry. anywho it was a good story im just put off by the ending is all.

Sarcataclysmal's avatar
Jan 7, 2017

Based off memory. Also, spoilers. Mature language.

My final review on the Oreimo series. Previous was "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai."

So I totally forgot to talk about this on the last review: What the fuck, is that period for? You see that period after "Nai"? "Nai." Why? Why? It' a second season, sure, you have to change the name because the studio changed from AIC to A-1 Pictures, but really... you add a dot? A period? You add a fucking period? I cringe.

Animation was okay.

Story was... well. Kyousuke chose his sister. He chose his sister, over an always black-dresses loli who is in love with him... okay. I'm fine with that- Kirino was the first girl, and I guess it's technically okay. Like, take away the world's shitty humanitarian laws and social standards and you have medieval Japan right? bro x sis. Sounds weird, I know, but, eh.

Characters. Poor rejected Kuroneko deserved more. Kirino needed more, because it's bland. Kyousuke needed more. Because he's sorta bland.

Well, finally done with this series. Huzzah.

Also, this was written at 2 AM with the rest of the Oreimo series. I'm sorry if I was very opinionized and not objective.