Ojii-san no Lamp - Reviews

YuiYui's avatar
Mar 25, 2016

Warning this review may contain spoilers-

Lamps...oh the joy of lamps, all these different lamps to be completely discarded by the likes of humanity as they all switch to electricity. This anime was an Anime Mirai projec and it was really good, it is a short that anyone can watch and hopefully enjoy.

STORY

I can't lie, the start  was pretty slow and started to get boring, it wasn't until around 10 minutes in that things started picking up. The story was sweet when it got into it with aspects of romance as well as drama all coming back to the idea of lamps. Who could of thought that lamps could play such a bit part in a short drama anime XD (I would of liked to see a bit more character development though xx)

ANIMATION

It was simple yet  really sweet, there wasn't too much detail in the design of the characters but I think this represented the whole idea behind the short movie.  The scenery was really well done and honestly it didn't really bother me that it was extremely simple.

SOUND

Voice acting was good but nothing too amazing, and the background sounds were quite sweet. The music I remember was quite fitting to the storyline and yeah it was all quite good.

CHARACTERS

Minosuke is our main character, a lamp seller in our little village and he wasn't a bad main, yeah it got a bit annoying but nothing really wrong with him. His female partner Setsu I wished would of played more of a role, I feel like the few scenes she was in didn't make much of an impact.

Overall this would of been a nice series if there was a bit more development of certain characters but I would still recommend to people interested.

-AngelBeatsYui-