I loved this manga so much, which is why I was so excited about an anime version of it. I cannot even express how disappointing this was. It's all titilation without any of the humanity or character depth that makes Nozoki Ana such a great read. They played cheap porn music throughout the poorly drawn, poorly constructed animation, emphasizing how little they cared about the story here when they could show naked girls instead. Such a waste; such a disappointment.
Nozoki Ana aka A Peephole is a 42-minute long OVA (or 55 minutes if you watch the extended version) based on a manga of 13 volumes. I dropped the manga at 2 volumes because it had a boring porn-story with some extremely dumb and equally boring characters. No need to worry about that though, because what little story the manga had, it wasn't put in the anime. The few interesting things in it were just left out, and all that we've got left is sex, masturbation, rape and the obligatory beach scene. Oh, and also boobs and panties. Almost forgot to mention those...
Apart from that there's little I can say here:
- the most important characters consist of a perverted peeping girl, a spineless guy, a big-boobed gal, and a would-be rapist. Oh, and they all seem to like sex. I guess you could call the main guy's internal struggle ("should I peep or not?") somewhat interesting, but in the end the makers of the anime didn't seem interested in that stuff. They were more interested in the size of the boobs of his girlfriend.
- the artwork is generic stuff, with character designs you could use in a hentai too
- the animation is the same as what you'd get in a low-budget hentai
- the music is generic, forgettable, and didn't add anything to the experience
- the voice actors surprised me, because they weren't actors in any hentai. Then again, the VA of Emiru (the main girl) only worked in this anime, so you can really feel that this OVA had to be done as cheaply as possible.
Overall: forgettable, hateable to a certain degree, and most certainly a big waste of time. You might be better off searching for hentai with a good plot, or at most you could give the manga a try.
im not really rating the movie, but how it was adapted from the manga. i think the manga deserves a full anime (comprised of 13 episodes atleast). because there's no way to fit the whole story in one OVA. i was so excited to watch this but it lead to me being dissapointed. it felt like a hentai cos there was more sex than emotion. but anyway - Gigguk sent me
one of the worst adaptations ever, I fucking love the manga so much and I hope it gets proper adaptation in the future, I'm really disappointed.