Night Head 2041 - Reviews

ZaeyuanaD's avatar
Jul 30, 2022

This is like the earlier version, they have their differences but both are about brothers and powers, I really like both a lot. It reminds me of my sibling and helps me realize not to take advantage of the relationships God blessed up with but appreciate them.

LittleHanna's avatar
Dec 30, 2021

Overview : Never judge a show by it's animation method. This show is straight up killin it [the good way].It's a great watch and i would suggest people to watch it at least quarter of the way through (anime standard is 3 ep) . I know a lot are going to straight up skip this or be misled by the cover. this is as close to a sci fi futuristic wonder egg mysterical as you can get[had to use something for my benchmark].

Story : It's mind bending all out war humanity gone not gone , i don't even know whats happening type story. AND i like it. we get little crumbs of what we need to know instead of the usual info dump in the first episode. Mysterical af love it

Animation: Yes, like watching a game cutscene for 22 mins straight. Not bad. some of the best fight sequences and generally absolutely wow sequences that they've managed cause of the 3d and you HAVE to see it before you put a 1 star and run.

Sound : *chef's kiss* mucho perfecto

Characters: Decent , not too good or bad a little bro con thing going on but still better and more fleshed out than most shows i've seen from summer '21.

9.5/10 characters
9.2/10 overall
chibara's avatar
Aug 24, 2021

This anime is still ongoing with 6 epies so far but i'm really liking it now, its on my ongoing stalking list.

This new series is still connected to Night Head Genesis, still about the same brothers Naoto & Naoya Kirihara but more characters have been added. And its like the setting is in an alternate universe where different things happened. Also the timeline seems more in the future.

Story is clearly more fast paced (than in Night Head Genesis which is extreeemely slow with nonsense episodes ><; so ready yourself not to fall asleep if you decide to watch it. I suggest you watch it with 2x playback speed to finish all the 24 epies quickly, dw you'd definitely still understand the story - that's how slooow it is = =;), and its now very interesting for me, wanting to know how it will progress. But there's not much big happening yet so still cant give it a proper score.

Animation is mixed - CGI with 2D. The characters, environment setting, special effects - like their psychic powers, exploding objects etc - are all CGI anime; then some characters are in 2D. Also it gives me that same CGI anime feel from POLYGON PICTURES (Blame, Godzilla, Ajin, Levius, Sidonia) but much more smoother and nicer ofc. Everything is definitely eyecandy for me.

OP song "Icy Ivy" by Who-ya & ED song "Shion" by Myuk are both nice. Sound fx & bgm nicely fit the SciFi-Psychic world, movie quality imho. Seiyuus have done uber well once again. I suggest watching this with headphones on *W*

Characters design and personalities are more interesting for me. Kirihara bros here gives a different aura from Night Head Genesis version; curious why they changed their chara design too - maybe because their previous look is uber outdated, or maybe to give the viewers a feel that the new design is their alternate universe form(?). Anyways they all look nice imho.

Overall : I'm excited to see the next episodes, to see how the new storyline will unfold, and the differences between this and Night Head Genesis.

Then i will also give proper scores once this series is done :3

LetsSee's avatar
Sep 24, 2021

I was a bit sceptical at 1st, thinking it was just another "lets be cool and kill ppl in the name of order" shows, but huuuu, I was wrong. And Im glad for it.

This show is REALLY GOOD! I love it! It's more philosophical than I thought and I find that coupled with the phenominal graphics, epic action scenes and brilliant soundtrack its AMAZING! Looking forward to when the rest of the episodes release. I'm excited for what happens next! XD

WOWOW!! I finished the season and I LOVE IT! The graphics and story were amazing, I really liked how the concept of roles was included, and the way everything came together at the end... AMAZING. I want it to continue. This series is so GOOD!

8.5/10 characters
fangxiety's avatar
Aug 30, 2021

THIS IS GOOD but slow. prolly my top 3 this season. if youre gonna whine about cgi, this aint for you.

8.5/10 story