Natsume's Book of Friends Season 6 - Reviews

Alt title: Natsume Yuujinchou Roku

SSmith1014's avatar
Jun 30, 2017

Beautiful as always. This franchise does an excellent job of developing characters in subtle ways and with creating episodes that leave a lasting impression. They really take advantage of the mangaka's style and bring it to life in a way that leaves you craving more. It's a show that takes its time, so those that prefer fast paced shows may find it a little boring. However, if you have a patience, it's one of my top five of all time. I would especially recommend it to those that like slice of life because, although the supernatural elements are the most pronounced, it always ties back into the daily lives and thoughts of beings just trying to understand it all.

Maarten's avatar
Aug 31, 2017

Beautiful Anime!!

The characters are so strong.

And the music is beautiful, as always the end song is great to listen.

I can't wait to see the next season, i hope there will be a next season!!

Efinate's avatar
Jun 14, 2022

The last season of natsume book of friends or the last season up to date. This season was absolutely beautiful and amazing but i gave it a low score because of one episode. Episode 8 of this season was very out of place and it felt like the author was forced to change the ending of the episode because all of the stories of youkai x human ended with sadness and were unfulfilled but for the first time a youkai x human was successful? Like no it didn't feel right to me. This was the only downside to this season.the soundtrack is absolutely amazing and the animation got a lot better too but old side characters had little to no screentime which i found was bad. There are only two episodes left in the ova and two movies. It was a fun journey till here.

9.5/10 animation
7.4/10 overall
ferengi4's avatar
Mar 13, 2018

This is a review for the entire show as a whole as I marathoned it all at once. The show itself is quite relaxing overall with some really emotional episodes sometimes and some really good characters. I really like the direction it went I think the only gripe I have to the story is the ending didn't get more into Natsume's past and the past that they did get into was the same stuff EVERYTIME. Every season talked about his bad past and how he likes his new family and friends EVERY season. I get it he is happier but jeez haha. Overall quite good, was a joy to watch. Surprised I haven't watched it sooner.