Nanbaka 2nd Season - Reviews

ElliLie's avatar
Oct 4, 2017

Nanbaka is, for me, a very easy-to-watch anime!

I haven't reviewed the first season, but I'll leave a small comment in the second one.
I rated the story 8. I find Juugo's story interesting, but as we're still in the dark about some stuff, I won't rate it higher. At least not until I get to know what it's all about! Still, Nanbaka's a funny and interesting series and this season is just as exciting as the first one.

Overall, I'll give it a nine. It isn't one of the best animes I've ever seen, but as I'm laying back after college, munching on a cookie and trying to forget about how much Latin's class kicks the life out of me, Nanbaka's a very chill series to watch. I get a good laugh at some scenes, the plot is interesting enough and the characters are just amazing. There's a variety of them and it's difficult not to like most of them, to be honest. They're the best part for me!

A must watch, if I do say so myself.

MsNova's avatar
Mar 7, 2019

I LOVE this anime. One of the few I can watch with a smile on my face. I took off a star because the story was ended at a cliffhanger, which I do not appreciate. Look, if they want another season, let the anime stand on it's own merits. No reason to be cheesy and not wrap up the story, unless there is a signed contract for the next season. Sheeze.

Other than that, this is a great anime & it has become my favorite.

NeverStop's avatar
Jan 7, 2018

This season didnt dissapoint, it lived up to the great expectations, just like the last season did. If u thought the sparkles would be present all the time just like the last season, then ur wrong. The sparkles are gone now!

But lets not focus on the sparkles, I found this season a great creation. We see the light shed on the mysterious past of our most mysterious mc himself, Jyugo! This season was just as entertaining as the last, the pace of the season was great, the comedy was certainly still there!

This season is a development in the series, because we have more of a serious turn this season, focusing on the serious look into the plot of nanbaka, but still giving us the good classic comedy! The pace and tone of the anime is well done, and the vibrant colors are well done too!

Just like last season, we start off with our comedic duo! Given laughs to start, and then getting more light shed into the past of our characters, more info on nanba prison and its layout, and the development of the guards thoguhts on their prisoners. This season, we get the guards being trapped in cells and nanba prisons staff falling into a serious problem, and the prisoners fight to protect nanba prison, save the guards, and save the order of the prison!

Its the prisoners time to shine, and we also get more development on, Jyugo!

The opening changed for a reason, the lead vocal in the opening changed, and it sounds KIND OF WEIRD. but, thats such a little thing it has absolutely no effect on ur opinion of the series or the music.

This season had more of a serious tone, but also giving us the perfect splash of comedy at the perfect moments, and not losing its comedic tone!

It perfectly blended the comedic genre with the serious tone!

9.5/10 sound
Neasallaway's avatar
Nov 3, 2020

I love ıt so much ı hope season 3 cames out jyugo ıs perfect

Mrjimmythewimmy's avatar
Nov 7, 2020

This anime is great but what's with this show and cliff hangers? Season 1 left off something season 2 didn't even talk about. Season 2 was really long with mini fillers and didn't get to the point and towards the end we have another enemy in addition to season one and we never get to see what happens to them. It's been 3 year since season 2 and we still don't have anything on season 3, if ima be waiting years to continue on a cliff hanger than this anime is kinda dead. I wouldn't mind if they left cliff hangers in every season if they consistently release seasons every year and continue where they left off.