My Tiny Senpai - Reviews

Alt title: Uchi no Kaisha no Chiisai Senpai no Hanashi

PixelKitty's avatar
Sep 24, 2023

The most wholesome "ecchi" anime ever! I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have. (currently airing, 1 episode to go)

The FL is short, but mature, she doesn't look like a child, so that's a plus. She's well endowed, but she's kinda "thick" so her body isn't that exaggerated to the point it's not believable. The ML is younger then her and they have a senpai/kohai relationship. (Refreshing that the senpai is a women for a change.) They are absolutely adorable together, clearly both attracted to the other but aware of their workplace roles and hesitant to overstep what's appropriate.

I saw another review (on the manga) compare this to "my senpai is annoying". I liked this a lot better then that one, the girl there was younger and really looked like a child. Everyone treated her like a child and she was very childish (although protesting she wasn't and then proving them right) Plus the senpai was enormous. Like I worry he will break her if they ever do get together.

Back to My tiny senpai, FL is cute with her love of cats, but has a mothering side as well. ML is a sweet caring guy, who likes her without objectifying her.

Even the secondary characters are great. The boss is kinda like us, the viewers, hoping for the main ship to sail (he's my favorite) and there's a love interest for him as well, but he seems to enjoy playing Cupid and rooting for everyone around him.

I would honestly adore a second season I loved it so much, though I know that's pretty unlikely.

If a wholesome workplace romance show, with a little fan service sounds interesting to you, you should definitely not miss out on this.

Pokesatsu96's avatar
Aug 27, 2023

origianlly i gave this a 10/10 and while i still feel that way i have to bump the story portion down to an 8 because SPOLIERS but they kept doing ALL of the tropes you see in romance anime where it all points to the 2 main characters getting in a relationship but NO THEY JUST MADE THEM FRIENDS GOD DAMNIT WHYYYYY!!!

dont get me wrong tho i dont think dating your coworkers is a good idea but all of the tropes they did lead to the idea of shiori and shinozaki becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. so im disappointed that they just made them only friends. kinda hope there is a season 2 but even if there isnt its nice to see a healthy progression of relationships with ppl. always start as friends first then if you both feel something more you both should persue it. overall its still a 10/10 but the story is only an 8/10.

theres is both an english dub and english sub

JustMonika33's avatar
Oct 16, 2023

If you hate this then you hate everything good in the world.

Howliing's avatar
Jan 7, 2024

𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖  >>>  "My Tiny Senpai" is a heartwarming anime that blends workplace dynamics with budding romance. Shinozaki's unexpected mentorship from the adorable Katase brings a unique charm to the series. Katase's overwhelming cuteness is portrayed brilliantly, especially in the delightful chibi segments that add an extra layer of adorableness.

The side characters are also fun in this one and make up for any issues with Shinozaki. It takes a while for them to really get mixed into the story, but once they do you instantly fall in love with them. In fact, I honestly believe the manager, sister and childhood friend are the best parts of this show. Absolutely hilarious dynamic between the three that spices up the rather simple story.

The story unfolds with a gentle pace, showcasing the growing bond between the characters. While the premise is sweet, the plot occasionally lacks depth. Nevertheless, the endearing characters and their interactions make "My Tiny Senpai" a delightful watch for fans of light-hearted romance.

8.5/10 story
9.5/10 animation
9.5/10 characters
Xnub's avatar
Oct 3, 2023

***No Spoilers***

The supporting characters' relationships are better than mains and in general are just better characters overall. The mains were just way too plain/vanilla and they quickly became boring to watch without supporting characters. That really sums up how much you can expect out of this show and how good it will be. It's hard to have a good story without decent main characters, but the supporting characters are decent at least.

I also have no idea why this has the ecchi tag, maybe one scene is deserving of that tag. The majority of the rest are not even close, more wholesome than anything.

6/10 - Mostly for the supporting characters.