My Sweet Tyrant - Reviews

Alt title: Akkun to Kanojo

iamnotneechan's avatar
May 21, 2020

I loved it and wish so badly that they just made it into a normal length anime but I do suppose there is no real depth and that it was just a feel good short anime. Coming from a female perspective it's really refreshing to see a male lead thats deeply and crazy in love rather than the over used Nontan character which I actually didn't mind. It's just fun to see a nice change rather than the female lead chasing and chasing (Ao haru ride types) or just totally numb (My little monster types) It was fun to see a couple happily in love and super refreshing to see the passion between them shared equally. Probably my favourite were the side characters though expecially the brothers creepy friend and the sister.

sakuramemories's avatar
Jun 29, 2018

As anime shorts.. its pretty good.. its rare to see a Guy MC who is tsundere as f*.. HAHAXD

this anime is fun in its own way with very much f*ed up moments @[email protected]

Enjoy!

Oswallt's avatar
Sep 2, 2021

I don't particularly like tsundere characters, but I can at least ignore their shtick.  However, this goes.way outside my comfort zone.  The tsundere male lead, who is dating the female lead, calls her trash and ugly all the time.  It's a shame, because otherwise it's a cute show.

krofire's avatar
Jan 6, 2022

What a strange little show TYO Animations’ 2018 high school comedy romance is. Each episode weighs in at only three minutes apiece and is focussed upon the dysfunctional relationship between childhood sweethearts Atsuhiro Kagari and Non Katagiri. Kagari is a male tsundere and his girlfriend knows it. He is outwardly unfriendly towards her to the point that any unfamiliar observer would think that he really hated her. Yet Katagiri is extremely affectionate towards him and seems oblivious to his abuse. They have a mutual friend Masago Matsuo who is equally bemused by their bizarre relationship. He initially acts as the consciousness of the audience in trying to understand what this strange dynamic is. Matsuo hangs around in Kagari’s house playing dating sims because his own games console is broken. Whilst there he gets friendly with Kagari’s little sister Chiho Kagari. Their growing relationship is more typical of the female tsundere in that she acts like she hates Matsuo. She often tells him to drop dead. Yet he is very friendly towards he, cares for her and buys her gifts for no reason. His kindness confuses her and, inevitably, she starts to have feelings towards him.

The other characters in the tale are largely the Kagari and Katagiri’s parents. Their presence serves to help explain the strange behaviour of the kids. Katagiri’s father is very much like Kagari: gruff and abrupt on the outside but they worship the women in their lives with incredible passion. Just for fun we also have Kagari’s classmate Konagi Irie who has a mad crush on her teacher Takumi Kubomura. Some of these elements just seem thrown in for random interest. Yet the show is enduringly adorable. The only issue we had with this is the way the show tries to normalise quite inappropriate and aggressive actions by a man towards a woman. There is a balance to be kept here and it is a personal matter as to whether this anime crosses some sort of line. We experience frustration because Kagari’s bad behaviour does not seem to warrant Katagiri’s love for him. He doesn’t get any push-back from her. There is only one instance where he crosses the line and she cries. Her unconditional love for him is frightening and sends all the wrong messages. It is nice that he secretly adores her but story tellers are in a dangerous area where they pretend that girls like abusive partners. Kagari is at times simply a nasty person and he lacks enough good points to deserve Katagiri’s love. He deserves a comeuppance that he never gets. A mystery to everyone. Not everyone in the audience will be comfortable with this, no matter how funny the show is.

Itzurcommonsimpingho's avatar
Apr 18, 2021

Really short episodes which are good for passing time. There's nothing to hate about the characters. Although I was shocked the first time Akkun does his tsudere talk to Nontan. 🤣🤣 He really is a tsudere.